Don’t let go

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
treefrog

Don’t let go

Post by treefrog »

With auction time coming up and some thinking of a clear out, I often have the regular dilemma of what machines I would be willing to depart of. This I am sure is every collector's nightmare, something I suffer with all the time. Recently I did sell a few machines, of which I am still hurting and feeling the loss....

So what machines would you never part with or is the list just toooo long....

I will start with 5 in no particular order for various reasons...

Top of list of course my number 1) An old Aussie machine, not allowed to be talked about
Number 2) Aristocrat starlite on original stand (pictures many times on site)
Number 3) Stevenson and Lovett Fireworks......
Number 4) Bollands Brooklands
number 5) Bryans Satellite

Now my mind is changing on these every time I look as I could replace most of the. With another and that there lies the problem...for example I have lots of Hi Tops, but there is one boring Black Beauty I have I would never sell, as it is complete original down to the duel Mills keys for the hand load jackpot and door.....so ask me tomorrow and I will have a fresh list...

So what’s yours? !PUZZLED!
Last edited by treefrog on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13rebel

Re: Don’t let go

Post by 13rebel »

I don't have a list as I have only been collecting for seven years and have never sold any-I couldn't bear any of my twenty three babies to go. !SAINT!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

My 5
1. Buckley "criss cross" with a Buckley mech and a Buckley escalator
2. R&W "Many happy returns" allwin
3.I dont have a particular Jennings Governor (yet) but I will always keep one in my collection
4. Duo mat
5 Mills "Deuces Wild" hi top

As Tom says, thats today, with the exception of the Buckley and perhaps the hi-top tomorrow might be different :lol:

And what machine would you most like to win at an auction(not as a bargain but as a must have within reason)
for me,surprisingly, a BDR Stainless bread bin or BDR Brooklands :!?!: (money no object = Buckley Bones)
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I agree with your sentiments 100% Tom

Today my list would be .....
1) Stevenson and Lovett Fireworks
2) Watling Rol a Tor
3) Your Coronet or Andy's Coronet
4) Mills Horse Head Bonus
5) Payramid
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

i dont think 5 is enough not to part with, makes it too hard haha

1. bryans trickler
2. bryans hidden treasure
3. bryans 3 ball allwin collection (does that count as one or three) haha
4. horsehead bonus
5. retreeva

but never say never i suppose
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

I gave up on buying bandits after the tenth one so, whilst I plan to someday (perhaps) move on four of them there is one that I will always keep: a Sega Continental. Now I know you (Mr Coppin) are already thinking "that is because you cannot lift the bloody thing" but it really is my favourite machine. It has a very smooth, well engineered, mechanism and a beautiful graphic on the front glass that is a joy to watch (it is a backlit stage coach scene where the lighting is filtered through a rotating fan and gives an illusion of movement). A cheap-as-chips machine, but I love it!

With the changing of fortunes over recent times I can no longer afford to indulge in collecting allwins but, one day, I will get my hands on a Payramid. And that will join the Continental in the keeper gallery (conservatory to anyone else).
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Whales Win a Chew, all original, complete with patina.
Gottlieb Buckaroo pinball.
Aristocrat Clubmaster. Not the most sought after bandit, but I love the way it looks.
Mills/Boland bandit. Again, all original & never restored.

One I wish I'd never sold?
1971 Williams Jackpot pinball. My first pinball restoration, & a great game to play.