American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
treefrog

Re: Boland Black Beauty, Screen Stars, Brooklands, White City...

Postby treefrog » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:45 pm

I have to admit the white one looks awesome and who would know there was all that metal work under the white paint. I would not have considered this machine at the time. Well done.....interesting it looks to have an early Jennings handle assembly which I have noticed Boland use on occasions, which reminds me I have a Jennings based Boland machine below, which Mr PM called an ugly beast, which may well be true, but I am a odd one when it comes to machine taste and it appealed to me, might inspire me to tart up a bit as looks very sad. Underneath is a Jennings Victoria converted to single reel...
A2D89441-848C-4C76-A590-51E427291EB2.jpeg

special when lit

Postby special when lit » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:29 pm

coppinpr wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:33 pm
I love these machines, they look so good when revived and you don't feel too bad about changing them from the original.
Just a week ago I added "the Tom Boland collection" page to www.penny-arcade.info, some nice machines to see and more to follow
https://www.penny-arcade.info/the-tom-boland-collection
Just looked at the new page. Here's a couple of pics of my Mills/Boland bandit, if you want to use them.
DSCF0005a.jpg
DSCF0006a.jpg

watlingman

Postby watlingman » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:00 pm

This needs selling to me tree frog that's so screaming to be loved again! %|% . The metal strips where missing off the white machine but I obtained something from Wickes builders. !!IDEA!!