American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Re: Boland Black Beauty, Screen Stars, Brooklands, White City...

Postby coppinpr » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:47 am

firstly, sorry I upset you so much aristo :-(
I will write 100 times " I must not put un interesting content in my threads" :cool:
If I had started a new thread MrP. would almost certainly have merged it with this one,
The courier was Polish not polite or for that matter polished (I missed the capital letter, I'll stand in the corner for 20 mins)
Thanks for the answers...all of you :lol:

I'm gone.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:03 pm

There was a couple of Brooklands at auction last week I unfortunately missed, one was missing some bits on the mechanism, the other with the top flash looked complete and had a top flash style I have not seen, looks really good as smaller than others. Of all the Brooklands variants these are the type I live the best, but don't seem to come up often and then two in one auction. Also had original old dagger handles.... !!THUMBSX2!!

Anyone on here get these, hopefully they appear at a slotty auction at some point..

Sorry about small picture my iPad does not work well saving internet pictures
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (16.89 KiB) Viewed 2905 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (16.28 KiB) Viewed 2905 times

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:48 pm

coppinpr wrote:I'd really like to leave the original metal reel strips as they are, but there is a lot of rust pitting on them. Any advise on these? I'm thinking of just cleaning them and leaving them alone. They have the maker's name on them: "Samson of London".
I don't have any advice - except go carefully and yes, much better to keep the original reels where possible.
coppinpr wrote:It came with the original cash box (full of pennies) but no back door (would that be Mills size (haven't checked with one of mine yet)?
I think the cabinet is adapted from the original Mills donor machine, so maybe the same. The base will be the same width at least. I seem to recall mine had a wooden backdoor - so maybe not. :!?!:
coppinpr wrote:I think there MIGHT be a casting missing from above the reel window, am I right?
You can see the missing casting on the one I used to own (a few pages back) - "It's Skill". Originally there was a "skill button" set into the collar just beneath the reel.
castings.jpg
Better late than never... :)

Some more...
O145A.jpg
199.jpg
74.jpg
38.jpg

clubconsoles

Interesting looking Bollands Conversion on eBay US.

Postby clubconsoles » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:33 pm

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:57 pm

It's a Tom Boland conversion (not Bollands). ;-)
s-l1600 (4).jpg

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:02 pm

And had some nasty changes done to the front which I cannot work out why, e.g. Coin slot going nowhere and additional bits lower down....

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:18 am

Pretty in pink?
fs3332_1.jpg
fs3332_1.jpg (20.12 KiB) Viewed 2735 times

geordy55

Mills Re-Vamp (Boland)

Postby geordy55 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:00 pm

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

I picked this up at Coventry this weekend and wondered if the seller was on here and could tell me anything about it, not seen one before. The mech is pretty basic and it's got a fake jackpot, but Im not bothered, I like the look of it.
IMG_4846[1].jpg

treefrog

Re: Mills Re-Vamp (Boland)

Postby treefrog » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:06 pm

I have one, they never had jackpots and some had other themes like Black Beauty and Brooklands. There is a long thread on these machines on here I am sure the moderators will link this to. (Threads merged - Site Admin.)

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Mills Re-Vamp (Boland)

Postby badpenny » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:19 pm

I'm happy to put my hand up and say it was mine.
I've had several over the years. Basically an early to mid 20th Century Mills mechanism would be placed in a more modern looking case. Tom Boland was re-vamping in this manner and produced many attractive bandits this way.

It came to me in a bulk purchase of numerous machines, and I have done nothing to it. It was working fine and wasn't showing any issues, not even dried on grease.
One if their biggest operator appeals was the sneaky 10 stop reels with 20 symbols.

These are some other threads on these machines

BP