American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
bryans fan

Re: Coin operated stereo viewers

Postby bryans fan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:56 am

SAM_1059a.jpg
I thought Bob might like to see this picture I have, sorry it took so long for me to find it and take a photo!

bob

Postby bob » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:17 pm

Thanks Bryans fan. I've got a copy of this print among my collection of peepshow viewer prints. Precinema has been one of my interests for a very long time. With the Mutoscope my long time interests in cinema and pre-cinema history and coin op come together.
The peepshow in the illustration does look like a stereo viewer but I think that actually it's a peepshow meant to be used by two people at a time sitting side by side on the bench.

brigham

Postby brigham » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:00 am

It looks like a stereo viewer for someone with a very large head.

andyo1967

Postby andyo1967 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:16 am

Hello
I'm looking for a Colorscope Stereo Viewer with original box, anyone for sale?

Regards
Andy

atticbrowser

Postby atticbrowser » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:54 am

We had an interesting discussion about coin operated stereo viewers just over a year ago. I learned a lot. I notice there is a stereo viewer, in rather sad shape, in the upcoming Elephant House auction. Seeing it prompts me to say that if anyone sets about restoring this, or any other stereo viewer, I will be pleased to help with advising on suitable replacement stereo images. The slides in the Elephant House machine are what we refer to as ‘Realist’ format or 5 sprocket format, although one pair appears to be different. I was, for some years, the Hon. Curator of the Stereoscopic Society and can probably help track down any stereo images, slides or prints, that are needed.