American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
bryans fan

Re: Australian Manufactured Coin Op Machines

Postby bryans fan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:21 pm

Video will not play on my phone? Says ssl connection error.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Just confirms my theory - phones are for making phone calls. :lol:

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm

!!HYSTERIA!! !!GOODONE!!

bob

Postby bob » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:25 pm

This machine lacking parts of mechanism and cabinet has come up on ebay here item no 123545602887. Interesting in that it is an early Australian four reel poker machine.
Ace Hi 4 reel pokie.jpg

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:32 am

Lovely, a three realer was posted a few months ago. As mentioned then most of the mechanism appears Aristocrat, but on closer inspection I am not sure the base of it is Aristo....shame I don’t live in Melbourne :#:

Anyone have an Ace-Hi Deluxe?

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Appears to be an Apex machine Tree as identical in many ways to several I've worked on. Though they come with many names and small casting differences.

afoley

Postby afoley » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:06 am

Hi Bob

I have a Bousche pedestal scale. it was anodized grey and was in very poor condition sitting in an exposed shed in Dubbo NSW. I could not find any information on it but decided to restore it but painting it and refurbishing the mechanism. It's close to being finished but i was sniffing around to find out some more about the brand. There is not a lot on the company and I am still none the wiser on knowing anything about the scale's manufacturing date and where the company was located, along with their history. I would love to know something about them and it.

Andrew Foley
20201129_112214a.jpg

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:53 am

Hi Andrew, sadly Bob died late last year. I'm a collector in Perth and we were great friends for 30 years, but I never spoke with him about the Bousche scales as they were not operated in WA. Though I may be able to help in the near future as Bob left me his huge archive of coin-op documents and parts. Due to Covid restrictions I've not been able to get over to Melbourne to pack them all up to truck back here. cheers, rory .

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:38 am

Might be worth contacting Christopher Steele , he is certainly one of the most knowledgable people in the world when it comes to the history of penny scales,I don't know how good he is on Australian makes but id be surprised if he doesn't know something about the make, email him at americanpennyscales@gmail.com
learn a little bit more about him at https://www.penny-arcade.info/penny-weight-scales

afoley

Postby afoley » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:13 am

Hi Rory

That is very sad to hear of Bob's passing. I will send you the pictures of the scales once I have finished, which should be next week. It sure would be interesting to see what he had collected after all these years. My wife is a journalist for Dubbo Photo News which is basically a good news printed weekly paper that features human interest stories. Bob's collection may be of interest to her especially with the scales I have and the threads that led back to someone who knew so much when they were alive.
Andrew