American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
andydotp

Aristocrat Clubman & Clubmaster

Postby andydotp » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:19 am

Topic split - site admin.
special when lit wrote:...he wanted £180 for chroming the handle, badges and a couple of pieces of trim off my Aristocrat Clubman.
Which model of the Aristocrat Clubman do you have, any chance of a pic please?
Regards,
Andy.

special when lit

Re: Re-Chrome

Postby special when lit » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:55 pm

This one. Ended up painting them in the end, not as good as chrome, but look OK.
IMGP1241-1.jpg

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Aristocrat Clubmaster

Postby pennymachines » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Round-up of two Clubmasters posted previously by tree-frog:

clubmaster1.jpg

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:26 pm

edited this post due to moderator advise that the same thing had been mentioned twice in 5 years. Will promise not to post any single thing relating to Australian machines again, write 500 times :#:
Last edited by treefrog on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Curious as they seem to lose their coin flap so easily, whilst the three I've had were all complete. :o

andydotp

Postby andydotp » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:42 am

Nice bunch of Clubmasters there,
Hey, 'Special' did you mean -master or -man in your first post? I've only ever discovered one ClubMAN here in Oz (not surprizingly) but the seller wanted stupid dollars for it.
Cheers,
Andy.

special when lit

Postby special when lit » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Definitely Clubmaster. I believe the Clubman was an earlier version, I've seen a few pics of one and they are a very nice looking bandit, never found one for sale though.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:21 pm

The 1953 Ainsworth Clubman was the first of the Aristocrat line. I can only find two pictures online, both at Arcade History, and both taken from old advertising flyers:
1953 Clubman
1954 Clubman

I guess it's as rare a bird as the Middlehust Coronet.
They have divider posts between the reels, a feature which must have been carried over to the early Clubmasters.

andydotp

Re: Aristocrat Clubman & Clubmaster

Postby andydotp » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:49 pm

Me again,
Actually there was a machine prior to the ClubMan - called The Aristocrat which prompted Ainsworth Dental Supplies to change its company name to Aristocrat.
I know of the whereabouts of extremely rare models of every early Ainsworth/Aristocrat machines in a lock-up out here in Oz. Piled up on shelves with about forty other machines - collecting dust... but sadly the seller wants too much money.
There's early Mills, Pace, Fey, Watling & Caille machines plus numerous Ballys, trade stims, one-off Australian machines from every 50s manufacturer that Ainsworth bought out.. all those beauties in a flippin' warehouse. SO close yet just out of my price range.
Anyone got a spare hundred grand??
:!?!:
Andy. :( .

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Aristocrat Clubman & Clubmaster

Postby pennymachines » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:58 am

andydotp wrote:Actually there was a machine prior to the ClubMan - called The Aristocrat which prompted Ainsworth Dental Supplies to change its company name to Aristocrat...
Ah ha - that's intriguing... With the recent surge in Australasian contributors to this forum, plus knowledge gained from some of our long standing Aussie members, I was starting to fancy myself as something of an expert...

I have a small collection of rare vintage Australian bandit pictures on my hard drive, saved from Dola.com.au (now defunct Australian online auction). I might be infringing copyright by posting them here. In fact, I've probably done so already by saving them... !DOH!