Oliver Whales allwin with '9 Results' flash

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
tammy

Re: Oliver Whales allwin with '9 Results' flash

Post by tammy »

Hi badpenny nice to hear from you again! Yes I am well pleased and agree it does give you a good feeling as you look at what the machine is now.

I have already cut the back out of spare plywood from my shed. Also I have done two smaller pieces as we are taking them to a birthday party in about a week's time.

I am taking another Win a Chocolate bar allwin door that fits well on same hidges etc that dispenses Nestle's animal chocolate bars. So rather than worry about fitting locks I am putting a simple hook and latch that can be operated through a middle space at the back. I am also taking an Autofruit an electro-mechanical machine to give a little variety!
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Cor! Jelly, ice cream, cake and penny slot machines. Sounds good, are we invited?
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Looks brill. !!THUMBSX2!!
tammy

Post by tammy »

We took a couple of machines to one of their birthday parties two years ago and one of the young lads coming again to this one has asked if they could definitely have penny machines there again because he enjoyed them so much! Last time it was a Rotolite and a Clement and Whales Greyhound Stadium..
Unfortunately no invites for others as you would all look daft in the party hats!!
tammy

Post by tammy »

Well the party has now come and gone and it is a memory... The children seemed to enjoy the machines!

Interesting looking back, I think these old machines are best enjoyed how they were meant, ie not on the floor, but fastened on a wall at a convenient height!

I realize looking back that I spent too much time trying to so to speak get the new baby working, ie the 7 results, or 9 results, or whatever it's now called?? This resulted in the Autofruit that is usually quite reliable playing up and after a while I put it back in my car. The rotor that does the lights had had a quick spray of electrical cleaner but should have had a better clean with strips of the inner side os cereal packet sprayed in electrical cleaner as it brings them up good. No wonder a lot of these machines aren't used today as they do need constant care.

The most reliable was the Win a Spangles that pays out Nestles Chocolate Animal bars for a win! One young girl even won on her first go with shouts after that "I am really good at gambling".
Attachments
20191214_140900a.jpg
20191214_140837a.jpg
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Well done Tammy, good job you have done there. It's interesting how these great old machines still have their appeal especially with children, considering the hypnotic pull of the modern screen games.
Tammy wrote:I have already cut the back out of spare plywood from my shed
so I guess you will now need another spare piece to mend the hole in your shed. :lol: