Goldfinger Big Jack

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
dickywink

Re: Goldfinger Big Jack

Post by dickywink »

Hi Folks
Like most of the non-payout credit registering machines of the '50s and '60s including the Bally Bingos etc, you would be paid by the bar owner on your final total on the credit meter and then the bar owner would reset the credit meter back to zero, because it was against the law to have a payout machine. This was normally done under the counter and only to regular patrons of the bar that were known by the bar owner to spend a small fortune in the machines... l used to frequent a cafe in Norwich when I was a youngster that had a row of 5 Bally Bingos. I had played in the premises nearly every other day for over a month and one day won really big with about 800 credits (at a shilling each ) = £40, a lot back in the late '70s... The guy next to me, who I had become friends with, said, 'wow, you have won £40'. I said, 'what do you mean?' He said to me, 'go and see the cafe owner and ask him to reset the credits', which I did. The owner said, 'I was wondering when you were going to ask.' :) About 5 minutes later he stuffed an envelope in my pocket with 40 quid in it... Went home a very happy chappy.

all the best ... Dicky
perhackarn

Post by perhackarn »

jc holland wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:38 pm Hi, I have a Goldfinger made by Competition Industries. I also have an electric schema with the number K815.
I have a similar machine that I need information about. I am looking for a functional description and wiring diagram. I know nothing about these machines and would appreciate any information I can get.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Welcome to the site perhackarn!

Unless jc holland returns with his electric schema I think you'd be very lucky to find it I'm afraid. Similar quests on French site Flip Juke, Danish site www.spille-maskiner.dk, and Swedish site Svenska flippersällskapet also came up empty, but turned up more images and flyers.

Translated from:
French: Goldfinger slot machine
Danish: Goldfinger Big Jack
Swedish: Goldfinger Bandit

From Cash-Box, December 2nd 1972
Golfinger-ad.jpg
Golfinger-ad.jpg (217.08 KiB) Viewed 610 times

Attachments
IMG_7207a.jpg
IMG_7207a.jpg (154.41 KiB) Viewed 610 times
banco1.jpg
banco1.jpg (59.94 KiB) Viewed 613 times