DuoMat questions

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
geofflove

DuoMat questions

Post by geofflove »

So I’ve just taken ownership of a Duomat. The glass is in good nick overall apart from missing win cards etc. The mechanism looks like it needs a good clean.

Looking at the back there is a linkage missing from the handle part up to the middle of the machine. Highly unlikely anyone will have one spare so guess I’ll have to make one out of something.... any handy suggestions? Looking at other pics the original was made with a rod of about 3mm diameter and was a dog leg shape. I wondered about some fencing wire but will need to make the ends up of something to fit the handle. I’m also unsure if there is a bit missing from top of the handle unit as in middle pic. There’s a rod with a hole in the end. Should something be in there?

If I push the linkage up the clockwork mechanism in it runs and the top wheel turns a little but the bottom does not. I clearly need to get it out the case and get the dust blown off it first but anyone know of any things to look for or watch out to avoid?

Finally I don’t know what coin it’s running on. The payouts are in pfennigs so I tried a 10pf I had, but it drops straight through the reject slot. Any clues as to what it might be? Clearly needs to be a bit thicker.
Attachments
B317EFEB-7A34-4E87-B027-FF53B0B51DDA.jpeg
AA709DE5-2796-4B10-A59C-E189E583BCE9.jpeg
D992DC75-540B-4E09-8EBB-B73DF8814373.jpeg
geofflove

Re: DuoMat questions

Post by geofflove »

That was quick! Excellent. Thanks, didn’t realise the end parts would be generic. I’ll check the measurements and get ordering!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm sure there will be a lot of posts on here about this machine, try a SEARCH (top right hand corner) and have a Butchers' .....

BP -/00\-
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

Thanks BP. I did take a search and found a couple of pics. I've now ordered some rod ends and threaded rod (actually 5mm not 3). I think the whole mechanism is gummed up to. Nothing turns very freely. Although it doesn't look likes its been heavilly greased or anything I suspect what is there on axles etc has hardened. I think I'll need to do a partial strip, clean and oil. My only concern not getting it back together again after - there are quite a few bits! Lots of pics needed as a dismantle I guess!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It's the only reason phones today have cameras, for us lot.
I think every one I've ever come across has been gummed up.

Concentrate on linkages that are held in place by a circlip, undo them remove the pivot and clean thoroughly.

BP
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

Ok - thanks for the tip.
geofflove

Re: Duomat qustions

Post by geofflove »

Topic split from: Hanno Moulin Rouge & merged - Site Admin.

In terms of the Duomat this is what I mean by missing! It was full of 3d coins when I got it so am guessing it was converted and someone then removed this portion of the backing and popped in an English version to explain the wins. I need to make some cards to replace them with.
Attachments
IMG_4124a.jpg
IMG_4125a.jpg
IMG_4126a.jpg
IMG_4127a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Geoff,

Do a search on the site, you will find lots of versions as they would vary as to what each operator decided to write. One typically would describe operation of machine, e.g. insert coin, turn handle etc., and the right one would give awards.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Geoff, jpeg copies of instruction cards and the coin arrow for the Duo Mat. They are in German if you want to be authentic.
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

Thanks Arrgee, That's perfect. Much appreciated.