American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
treefrog

Duomat restorations

Postby treefrog » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:01 pm

Got bored with a project I was working on, so decided to go through all the Duomats I have had over the years, as a couple sort of worked, but payout issues and others completely broke including glass and cabinets. Some were bought at Coventry and Elephant house auctions, well most and I always find it funny the amount of machines I have bought from collectors auctions totally bodged, missing key parts or hidden issues that no doubt the seller was aware of.

Anyhow of the 6 sort of machines, I have 5 with glass, 4 with complete cabinets. So have used one mechanism as a breaker and moved a glass to one good machine missing one. So just finishing the forth machine mainly a mechanical rebuild.
0C33BD83-A6EE-4FC6-8FA7-CFDCAC060325.jpeg
BD85EF06-2830-408F-A0E6-4E8BC5A50847.jpeg
So I have rebuilt most of the mechanisms, as usual issues around slides, clocks and gummed up parts, but one part I had not worked out how to take apart are the reel hubs to get to the bearings. The last machine had a repair on the top hub I decided to use a breaker part for a good operating arm, but needed the hub stripped. Took me a while to work out, but maybe use to someone else as not obvious

Remove the nut from the outside holding the roulette arm or arrow on. Behind this is the chrome cover plate, which needs to be levered off to get to the screws holding the hub together, maybe of use to someone..
B6AA0DE0-C136-4E88-A4DC-AF3E15DDF09A.jpeg
DF464002-81EF-495F-B6CB-1D79D01E04FE.jpeg
D5B7D7DC-75DF-451D-AFC3-33B6E7AE9090.jpeg
Some machines I could not work out why people had left like they were, eg wrongs parts put on like payout parts from a Gunter Wulff bandit, which are not identical....anyway Great machines these and changed most to work on non limited clock operation, so up to 30 seconds....

dutchboy

Re: Duomat restorations

Postby dutchboy » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:14 pm

Well done tom! You will need a lot of space in your house :D

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Well done TF, the world will beat a path to your door when you've got that lot ready.

The most common pay out issue I've found with Duomats is them slipping onto two coin pay out every play regardless of result.
Due to the lowest pay out not being detected by the same main rod as other Günter Wulff machines do. If the arm detecting two coin pay out isn't kept well lubricated on its pivot then it doesn't reset causing a pay out.

BP

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:18 am

Interesting and useful stuff TF !THUMBS!
badpenny wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:04 pm
the world will beat a path to your door when you've got that lot ready.
With all the machines Tom has you have to beat a path to his door just to get in! :lol:

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:55 pm

Unbelievably, I only have two machines in the house... my favourites... Guess which ones !PUZZLED!

grains

Postby grains » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:30 pm

Are they Hi Tops?

aristomatic

Postby aristomatic » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:40 pm

I would guess one came from an auction in the States and the other is still sat on its own original metal stand.

I'd be a little bit careful about highlighting which of my machines were where and which were elsewhere too....

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:16 pm

Sadly, I am in the unusual situation of not being able to have a single machine at my home due to impending renovation works. One day I hope to again. The two machines where I am located at the moment of course I have not stated, but you're heading on right track.

Funny, I understand why people are so cautious about people knowing what they have, but sometimes the greatest pleasure is sharing with others the passion you share. Perhaps this explains why so few share their collections on here or maybe other forums or video sites. I am obviously an exception. I have had the pleasure to be shown a few people's machines, usually when buying something and some of these collections are awesome... At least on this forum, unlike Facebook, you can use an alias, so only those you know or have dealt with will know your location or identity... So on that basis what have you got...... ;-)

aristomatic

Postby aristomatic » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:47 am

I refer you to my previous response....

dutchboy

Postby dutchboy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 am

I think a red and a blue one..