Rotamint Fruits

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
nige4554

Rotamint Fruits

Post by nige4554 »

Hi all, I said I wouldn’t do exactly what I have done and bought a couple more German machines, a rotamint Fruits and a Metromar Gold. I should probably throw them in a skip but my hobby has got the better of me. I am looking for a manual for both.
I have started on the rotamint as this seems to be in the best condition. None of the machines worked when plugged in!! Hence skip.
I stripped down the whole machine, cleaned polished and re assembled as much as I could, waiting on a few replacement spares, bulbs and switch, I have finally got it going and it works a treat except ep the coinmech, there is a snapped off earth not sure where that goes otherwise nearly there. Any help appreciate. I am reluctant to start the Metromar gold lol.
Attachments
B63E6AC6-2185-4495-A4F3-005D49736D9Ca.jpg
BF9A17D9-0CF3-4DFF-820B-7CB5BEE71353a.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Rotamint Fruits

Post by coppinpr »

that's an interesting machine, at first sight, it could be a UK conversion but I'm pretty sure it's not, I think it was made by NSM in 1963 for the UK market. NSM didn't usually use that style of "photo like"graphics, but for a short time in 1963/64 they made several glasses with that kind of picture graphic, the nearest being the 1963 "Rheingold", that machine didn't use the standard "Rotomint" payout system like yours but the case is exact and the glass has the same style (but not the same actual) pictures
rhiengold.jpg

geofflove

Post by geofflove »

I had a Rotomint Duett which looked to be very similar inside. I suspect almost identical mech.
Attachments
4B3390E0-16DD-4B20-8C3D-FEF387E09C3Da.jpg
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

coppinpr wrote:I think it was made by NSM in 1963 for the UK market
Would that have been 3d or 6d play? Coin entry looks too small for 1d.
brigham

Post by brigham »

I would say sixpence play, given the five-bob payout.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Just noticed the 3d coins in the payout tray of Geoff's Rotamint.
nige4554

Post by nige4554 »

Geoff/Coppin, I have some sixpences so will try these. Any advice where to go next to get the coin mech working?
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

You should be able to see which by looking at the thickness of the payout slide? 3d pieces are about twice as thick as sixpences and the slide will reflect this. If you want to post some clear pics of the coin mech I might be able to remember what I did! I no longer have the machine to look at.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

As Geoff says, both the coin entry and the tube should give the game away. These are rare in that 3d was perhaps the most common coin used, I still have a Rotomint "Super" (same machine, different glass) running on 3d.