Caille / Clement & Whales Countertop disc machines

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Caille Commercial

Post by badpenny »

I'd suggest nickel plated finish would be most accurate. They might need brass plating first.
I've had 4, all slightly different, the one I've kept was the first I had and have pulled it down completely to remove all the operator's fiddles.
It now pays out everything correctly.
If you want a butchers', you know where I am (1.82 nautical miles, as the albatross glides).

BP !THUMBS!
geordy55

Re: Caille Commercial

Post by geordy55 »

Might pop round some time to discuss.
geordy55

Re: Caille / Clement & Whales Countertop disc machines

Post by geordy55 »

OK, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I've stripped and cleaned my Caille Commercial mechanism, but something is not correct.
If you look at the photo below, the sequence seems to be that when a coin is put in and the mechanism is cranked the lever B moves to the left, and lever C is pulled forward by the springs, ready to fall into the right payout hole on the disc, however Lever C is immediately pulled against the payout disc with the result that it does not spin and immediately locates a payout hole.

I was expecting the lever A to move away from the payout disc and thus pull lever C back to await a spin and a win, but it does not move far enough back to allow this as the payout slides stop it doing so. Therefore I come to the conclusion that I cannot work out how the 5 payout levers C prepare for a win and then return to their start position behind the lever B

I'm sure this is a simple fix, but I cannot work it out, so anyone who knows these machines better than I do please feel free to help out.

image2.jpeg

geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Just in case anyone wants some artwork for this machine, here is what I've reproduced for mine.

It needs printing on an A3 sheet
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Oh well, with nobody coming forward with any help, looks like I’ll have to drop in and see Badpenny to see what I’m missing.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Poor you.
You've really no other option?
What a bugger!

BP !!UHOH!!
pennymachines

Post by pennymachines »

There's a 360 degree view of the mechanism in this Collector Connector video. The disc is shown spinning but payout is not shown working. :!?!: