American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
gameswat

Re: What is your dream machine?

Postby gameswat » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:04 pm

Thanks. This one needed a lot of acid to remove all that playfield rust, but amazingly under it all was 3/4 very nice original paint. Blue sky seems to fade out the first, I repainted this using water based acrylic paint, then a few coats of clear laquer (with UV resist to stop any future fading) over the top to seal and even it out. I did the same thing on both glass marquees, carefully rubbed as much flaking yellow off with fine (0000) steel wool as possible. Then using a scalpel cut back any tougher bits. I scanned the lettering to make a print out, stuck this to some card and cut out the letters. I placed these on the back of the glass as masking, using nuts to weight them down. Don't need to be perfect as there's a thick black line around each letter that doesn't let any light through.Then sprayed the whole thing with about three fine mist coats of thinners based laquer that I matched to the colour. Practiced on a piece of clear plastic to get the right amount of coats to blend in with the red when it's back lit. I prefer to keep as many pieces of a resto as original as possible so even though this may sound like a lot of trouble to me it's the only way to go!

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Now that is dedication................

well done gameswa, thanks for the detailed description I am sure this will help Jerry allot with his Conveyor restoration !!

jimmycowman

Postby jimmycowman » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:45 am

Just updating my list.... it is now a S&L Sky Jump. Has anyone seen one for sale in recent times?

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:31 am

Is it just me or does this 1937 Silver Flash pinball on eBay right now look like the inspiration for the Conveyor art!?!?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PINBALL-MACHINE-C ... 450wt_1058
conveyor 2 front_2_1_1.jpg
silver flash pinball.jpg

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:24 pm

You took the words right out of my mouth !THUMBS! That's just what I thought when I saw it :tarah: