Coin Pusher - Blueprints

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
malcymal

Coin Pusher - Blueprints

Post by malcymal »

Hi, has anybody got any blueprints for a coin pusher? Not too worried about the model of the coin pusher but the basic principles of operation of the insides. My nephew is into slots and wants to make a coin pusher for fun. I too would be quite interested in making a small unit (in a vintage style), as in the one that was sold at the Coventry auction last year. Your superior knowledge is always appreciated, thank you malc :cool:
slotalot

Re: Coin Pusher - Blueprints

Post by slotalot »

Hi Malcymal :D , I made a single pusher a few years ago, I have done you a sketch of how it can be done (pusher1 PDF), I hope it helps. regards Stuart.
Coin Pusher Basics
As you can see from the sketch the basic coin pusher works in much the same way as a steam engine piston, it has a fixed base and a moving top slide, the top slide is connected by a link arm to a second eccentric arm that is fixed to the spindle of a slow running motor, this has the affect of moving the top slide backwards and forwards, this in turn moves the coins towards to the lip of the fixed base, there is a raised lip on the edge of the fixed base, this holds back the coins and sends some of then sideways under the cut out covers and in to the cash box below, any coins that make it over the lip are your winnings.
The only details that require any calculations are the length of the eccentric arm, this sets the stroke to the size of coin you want to run in the machine, the second is the speed of the motor, if you can make this adjustable all the better.
I hope this gives you food for thought, good luck with you project.
Attachments
pusher 1.pdf
(114.51 KiB) Downloaded 3535 times
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Wow, thanks slotalot. I was talking about this with my nephew, 18 year old lad who has always wanted a pusher. He has an outhouse with 5 pachislos in it! I've been saying for ages, get yourself into old coin ops (we are both going to go to the Coventry auction this year if it happens, also the Brighton jukebox show. He was going to buy a damn great thing from a pier in Worthing but I advised him that it would be too heavy and too big to pick up. So, I suggested making one. Your blueprint is great. For the motor, could you advise anything out there that already exists in this form (e.g. any domestic appliances). We are figuring for the coin drop to use two perspex sheets, drilling out the holes for the pegs which will be laid out in a way to encourage coin fall to the sides of the platform, hence pushing more into the coin overspill cash box. We've had ideas for the coin input, and dud coin collection boxes underneath. I think we will work on the sliding ledge first, then build the casing around it. Has anybody got any photos of a mini wall mounted pusher??? Once again slotalot, thank you!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi malcymal :D , when I made mine I used an old motor from a large microwave oven, the one that turns the turntable, I found it to be quite strong enough as it was only a small single pusher, you also have options on design, the slide can move front to back or side to side, you can have a double perspex coin drop as you say or it can free fall down a slide (see the coin entry half way up the right hand side of the door on the Easy Push), look at the two photos for ideas, good luck..
Attachments
e034_1.jpg
f477_1.jpg
03f3_1.jpg
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Thanks Slotalot, these pictures are great to get our brains thinking. Malc
steinslots

Post by steinslots »

I used to have a similar model to the Easy-Push. They appear to be constructed from modified Ruffler & Walker bandit cases (once used for housing the "Automat" mechanisms in the late 60's).
steinslots

Post by steinslots »

All I want is an old Penny dated 1921.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

steinslots wrote:All I want is an old Penny dated 1921.
Go on Carl, why's that then? I've got buckets of old pennies, you want me to look for one for you when I'm at home next weekend? !!COOEE!!
steinslots

Post by steinslots »

Are you serious JC?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If you seriously want one then I'll seriously look for one for you. If you only half heartedly want a 1921 penny then I'll just look for one in a casual manner. :roll:

By referring to me as JC you have inadvertently added to the perpetual confusion between Jerry Chattenton and me.
We are both called Jeremy
We both have the initials JC
He is married to Sharon I used to be married to a Sharon (a different one)
We run the Coventry Slot auction between us
We are both devilishly good looking whilst at the same time being shy and modest.

JC is his id here, so possibly he now thinks he has to go hunting in his tea chests of old pennies. !!SUICIDAL!!
steinslots

Post by steinslots »

Did he also own a pub in Thringstone called the "Crack Fox" or something?

Yeh, you gotta be casual so as not to raise suspicion, or you could create a "gold rush" type scenario.

Check out my websites:
http://www.myspace.com/unclestein
http://www.myspace.com/carlstein

carlos