Building a Payramid

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
pennyforyourthoughts

Re: Building a Payramid

Post by pennyforyourthoughts »

Thanks gameswat and Jerry for your kind replies I am most impressed!

The info. is very useful, I am now considering my next move which seems to be to investigate the possibility of (eventually!) doing some casting in my home workshop, which may be ambitious or else making some patterns and getting a foundry to cast them.

Dimensions would still be appreciated when you have the time....

Cheers
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Early version Payramid:
Height (base to top of shoulder) 28"
Depth (from front to back of base) 10"
Depth (from front to back of top) 6"
Width (from left to right side of base) 15 1/4"

Ball bearings 1/2" diameter

As Jerry mentioned, the castings were gun metal.

If you want to beat Scratchbuilt's record, you have until the 23rd January to finish - starting... NOW!

Email from Scratchbuilt a couple of months ago:
...we moved house to sunny Llandudno five years ago and I'm afraid that the wife barred me from making any more unless I kept them in the shed. Women just don't understand. That's not to say I haven't thought about making a new one. The Ball Past The Arrow is a strong contender but again I need the drawings - are they available anywhere?

As a matter of interest I still have the working drawings for the Payramid so if any of your members fancy having a go I'd be happy to lend them out. I still enjoy playing this machine.
pennyforyourthoughts

Post by pennyforyourthoughts »

Hi
Thanks again for the support on this!
I would love to beat scratchbuilt's record, but I know that I will never come near to this, I have several other things on the go at the moment, including the finishing of a 9 year restoration project on a vintage lorry (someone had to be daft enough to take on a pile of bits and try to put them back togther!). Might make some sort of a start over the Christmas Hols though.....

I'm pleased to hear that scrathbuilt is still in touch if not able to make another machineat the moment.
yaksplat

Post by yaksplat »

As a matter of interest I still have the working drawings for the Payramid so if any of your members fancy having a go I'd be happy to lend them out. I still enjoy playing this machine.
Any chance that someone could get those drawings, scan them and upload them for those of us on the other side of the pond?

Jim
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Pennyforyourthoughts has offered to post me a disc with a scan of the plans which I'll reduce to a manageable file size and upload to resources (by kind permission of Scratchbuilt). This may take a few weeks...
yaksplat

Post by yaksplat »

great!

I can't wait to get my woodworking and metalworking tools some use. This will be project #2 for the new shop. #1 is a bunk bed for the boys. #3 is a MAME cabinet. It's all about priorities. :)