Electro Stim / Tens machine

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
wb

Electro Stim / Tens machine

Post by wb »

Hi all, I am looking to build an electro machine, a bit like the old fair ground machines, where the user of the machine grabs two handles and then an electric shock intensity is increased slowly until the user lets go. Using a pic to control the intensity and then to give a read out at the end on a score board. Now, the thing I am a bit stuck on is how to produce a safe low voltage electric shock that can be modulated. Has anyone ever done anything like this? any feedback or schematics would be much appreciated.
slotalot

Re: Electro Stim / Tens machine

Post by slotalot »

Hi WB :D
I would like to start off with a word of warning!!!!! Please DONT EVER try to make a shocking machine that is powered from the mains in any way...it could kill you..... you can get the results you need with the use of a 4.5 volt torch battery :didact:
I have copied some plans for a variable induction coil which will work in much the same way that the vintage shockers worked :zapa: as for recording the amount of shock taken,...this can be done on a "fake" scale or meter that has a pointer that is moved with a link from the the sliding core on the induction coil, if you study the pages you will see it is quite an easy thing to make once you understand how it works !PUZZLED! if you click on the photos they will go to a bigger size so you can read them better.
I hope this help’s you
Attachments
shock11.jpg
shock22.jpg
shock33.jpg
wb

Post by wb »

Hi,

thank you very much for the information and the warning. I realised that shortly after posting the thread after frying next doors cat!!!

Seriously, I was only looking at a low voltage, 9v power source anyway, but I have decided to create an electric shock type device by a motor connected to an offset cam connected to the handle. this will vibrate the handles, increasing intensity by speeding up the motors, thus feeling like a shock, but invariably, it is only rattling your bones! The prototype works well and will be playing with it more later.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Yes, I think vibration simulated shocking is the way to go. Anything which might disrupt a pacemaker is not to be recommended!
It would be nice to see a picture of your prototype.