Some of my next projects - Elevenses and my own flyer

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
classicgambler

Some of my next projects - Elevenses and my own flyer

Post by classicgambler »

Here's is my next projects that I am doing now. I have now got the buzz to make these - here are the pictures.

The Elevenses backflash was a mistake. I did everything OK until I tried to cut the hole the wrong way round.
Attachments
201_4566.JPG
201_4564.JPG
201_4565.JPG
Corner pieces for my Elevenses
Corner pieces for my Elevenses
jonathans257

Re: Some of my next projects - Elevenses and my own flyer

Post by jonathans257 »

classicgambler wrote:Here's is my next projects that I am doing now. I have now got the buzz to make these - here are the pictures.

The Elevenses backflash was a mistake. I did everything OK until I tried to cut the hole the wrong way round.
nice job looking good. i am building a win a mint allwin but i still have to build the cabinet im not sure how to join the wood on the opening door so thinking of using a piece wide enough 400mm to make the door without haveing to do joints , how did you make your door , i think the correct way is to use a biscuit joiner which is one tool i dont have
raj

Post by raj »

the beauty of Bryan's doors are they are simply 4 pieces of wood held together by the corner castings. This sounds simpler than it is however, the pieces must be exactly square and true and both sets must be cut identically. If the corners are not flat, then the door will not hang true in the case. I made a jig out of MDF to set the pieces square before screwing the corners down. If you use Mitre glue as well, then the door will be nice and strong.
Most other doors are tongue and grooved corners, but again must be laid out true and square to hang right. A decent chop saw ( set up right!) and a planer thicknesser should do the job and a router for the groove, if your chiseling skills are rusty, but again, if the faces are square, Mitre glue and a thin biscuit will do the job.
High torque hex screws are quite good for pulling the cabinet sides tight if you use corner blocks of wood, and a strong back will hold everything together.
I think you may be getting the picture that a full set of woodworking tools are required to do a decent job!
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

I made a jig out of MDF too same as raj and i swear by it. that particular cabinet was used for something else erm i think it was used for the spitfire cabinet !PUZZLED! yep thats right it was so i decided to make another cabinet for the elevenses and i used the good old mitre glue and flip me is it strong stuff ( just a word of warning for those that have not used mitre glue before dont get it on your fingers coz you might want to call an ambulance :tut ) but you all knew that anyway. so whithout further adoo i will show you my cabinet for both the spitfire that i have made and the elevenses that i have made
Attachments
201_4688.JPG
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

the finished elevenses this is actually a cd cabinet inside its made to look realistic my next projects are on the go at the moment
Attachments
201_4693.JPG
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Come on Classicgambler, spill the beans - tell us all about these projects, have you got the original designs to reproduce a Bryans Bumper....... !!YIPPEE!!
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

Arrgee wrote:Come on Classicgambler, spill the beans - tell us all about these projects, have you got the original designs to reproduce a Bryans Bumper....... !!YIPPEE!!
hahahahaha..........NOPE

I just go by eye on each detail I'm on my next projects: Shoot and Punch and Judy machine. Oh, and if you look in the Museum on here there is an Electra Amuser that I am in the middle of doing as a CD cabinet. I will post pictures up very shortly.