Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Waltzer tipper game

Postby pennymachines » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:10 pm

Pete Barson sent me this video of a new game he has built called Waltzer, working on the simple coin tip principle of Jamieson's Tip the Skittles. I like the theme - reminds me of the Big Wheel tipper, but looks like it provides better gameplay.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Waltzer tipper game

Postby badpenny » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:22 pm

That …. I like.

youngerap

Postby youngerap » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:25 pm

I really enjoyed watching that. Well done to Pete! Nicely done.

wembleylion

Postby wembleylion » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:21 pm

I like that it's great, well done !!THUMBSX2!!

13rebel

Postby 13rebel » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:24 pm

Nice one Pete.

ddstoys

Postby ddstoys » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:14 am

I have a very low patience and watching stupid videos on You tube drives me crazy. I watched that entire video - what a great game.

moonriver

Postby moonriver » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:34 am

Like all good games it is addictive, the only downside from an operators point of view is that the motor is working all the time, as opposed to a tip the skittles which is stationary. I guess you could have a movement sensor that would stop the motor if no one was in the vicinity of the machine for long periods of time. How much are they going to be?

brigham

Postby brigham » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:40 am

Apart from bandits, most arcade pieces have the motor running continuously, so no problem there.
I haven't quite worked out the operator's 'take'. Where do the coins which miss the cups go?
The design is simple but effective. I love the way the case doesn't look deep enough to take the revolving cups.
It deserves a Sid Howell paint job!

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:27 am

That is really clever, nice and compact as well. I was wondering about the operator coins as I could not tell if they drop down a slot to a cash box at the bottom or some are falling back into the coin cup. I assume there is or would need to be a curved Perspex screen type item shielding the winnings from the dropped coins...... I also thought there are lots of machines with permanent motors running, pushers etc... !!THUMBSX2!!

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:44 am

My old penny's worth.
A superb concept, very playable.

I think it'd look better in 50/60s attire, yellow and red Formica, not stained dark wood.

Bow fronted

I thought the missed coins were returned so, a chute within the span of the coin entry leading to the cash box, and a rail within the same span to stop the cars from tipping until they get to the side, then another chute leading to the pay out. That way missed coins are the operator's and don't get mixed up with won coins.

But anyone can take another's idea and claim to make it better. Coming up with the premise in the first place is what is really clever !!YIPPEE!!