Just finished the Jets - what a nightmare they have been, took me nearly 18 months off and on. The first hurdle was to design the jet so it catches the penny. The first jet I made was too big as the 8 jets were touching each other. After a few more attempts I finally got it right.
The jets are made out of glass fibre. Again we had problems with this. The glass fibre mat would not bend as there were so many tight angles and bends even fibre glass tissue would not work. In the end we used very fine muslin. This seems to work OK but can make marks in the gel coat. I must have made at least 200 before I got them right. I had three rockets cast for the coin entry. It just gives it a bit more jazz. Got it all assembled yesterday and found out you could not lose (what a shock). That nearly ended up at the wall, a bit of re jigging and got it spot on. We are taking it out for first outing on Saturday , will try and video it. Pete.