My Buys from Coventry 08

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
cadillac55uk

My Buys from Coventry 08

Post by cadillac55uk »

Well here you go guys....the two battered machines I bought at the Coventry auction....sorry forgot to take 'before' pictures...but here are the 'after' pictures.

You'll probably remember the 'yours to be won' as tied up with string and looking very disheveled and only the woodworm holding hands was keeping it together.
And the other of the two being in a 'very dark varnished case' with an extra box tagged on the bottom.
Elbow grease :idea: and some beeswax later here they are. :D
The 'yours to be won' pays out a cig...having kids playing the machines I've managed to get some of those chocolate look-a-likes which work like a dream :arrowmunch:
14122008037.jpg

Attachments
14122008041.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: My Buys from Coventry 08

Post by badpenny »

Well done Caddy, looking good!

I remember the owner of the 'yours to be won' warning me that the bailing string wasn't there just for decoration. However Mr. Hoops was having none of this wimpy portering ........above our heads it was going to go, and it did!
I recall a strong sense of "told you so" as I saw his facial expression slide sideways when it it occurred to him that it was coming apart and the most rigid part of the whole thing was indeed the nylon rope.

I'm very impressed at the speed with which you get on with such projects, I currently have about seven stacked up outside next to the compost bins.............
Neil

Post by Neil »

great job on those two wooden cabinets

i really try to get the cabinets on the machines I buy as natural
and original as possible and they look great

well done................back to my "projects" now

neil
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Yes, you've done a really good job on both of them, more so on the Yours To Be Won! As it was mine Mrs Cowman wouldn't have it in the house because of the smoking theme. I've still got a before photo on my pc as below - yes great job :***
Attachments
091.JPG