Bryans collection on ebay

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
john t peterson

Re: Bryans collection on ebay

Post by john t peterson »

Hi Jerry,

I kept the photos of the first grouping offered. Comparing the two Payramids, there are several subtle differences. The one offered right now has dual instruction cards and the previous one had only one. Also, there are slight differences in the two cashdrawer boards. Even so, it's quite coincidental that so many of these desirable Bryans games should come up for sale in a short period of time. It's equally disappointing that some are pulled off the auction block before the auction has been completed. I would say to those sellers: put a reserve on the game if you need to protect a base sales price. Otherwise, don't list the game unless you're prepared to sell it for the final hammer price!

John
JC

Post by JC »

Kept the pictures eh? Good to see someone's got their eye on the ball. All we need to turn up now are a 3 Ball Folks and a Retreeva, and that would be real spooky!
As for:
It's equally disappointing that some are pulled off the auction block before the auction has been completed. I would say to those sellers: put a reserve on the game if you need to protect a base sales price. Otherwise, don't list the game unless you're prepared to sell it for the final hammer price!
I could not agree more.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Jerry,

Take Two! When comparing the Payramid photos, I made a mistake and looked at the wrong picture. Upon closer (and correct) inspection, I would like to change my mind and say that these two are most likely the same game. They look a little different but the illumination is different. Whoops!
:-(
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Now I am confused! The original 12 never got to the end of the eBay auction, when I looked they had been taken off, yet Willborl was told they had been sold when the seller was contacted . :-?

I think I`ll stick to Jerrys` auctions, at least you can see the machines and have a fiddle. You know where you are then , (Coventry mainly)
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gentlemen, I too have kept photos of these payramids and upon close inspection of the mechanism they appear quite different. Unless I am looking at yet another machine, one is on 1D play whilst the other is 1p play, also the grain of the wood is different on the two backboards, as is the staining of the Bryans instruction sheet, which is also stuck on in a different position. The paintwork/rusting on the two mechanisms also appear to be different.

I rest my case me-lud
Attachments
payramid mechs.jpg
Payramid 1p.JPG
Payramid 1D.JPG
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Forgot to add, also look at the wood grain on the front of each machine, quite different.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Well... when the first 12 machines came on ebay I emailed the guy to see if he would sell the Pilwin (as I got out-bid at Coventry last year for that Pilwin) and he said he had an offer on all the machines and it would make the Pilwin £1250. :shock: At that point I thought good luck to him. :eek: I would want 2 at that price!!!! :mad: On another note, I thought that Bolland Steer-A-Ball was cheap at £296 (Item 110349206872) on ebay. I was going to bid on my phone as I was out and about, but the bloody thing wouldn't work. :dammit: :dammit: :dammit: :dammit: :dammit:
Attachments
0bd4_1.JPG
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

I had a bid set up for the Steeraball, meanwhile ebay decided to change my password, something about my account being hijacked which I don't believe, so the bid was not placed and worse still mine would have been the highest bid, *******ebay!
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Did you see there were two floorstanding versions for sale around the same time Dave? I have deleted the link and can`t find them now! Sorry.
willborl

Post by willborl »

Here's the link for the floor standing verson. This went very cheaply as well I thought.
The seller offers interesting info about them being the last off the Bollards production line etc.
The seller also had parts and cabinets for two more. So three of them :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0308714933
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Daveslot, how did you know that your bid would've been highest on that Steer-a-Ball??
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

That was the second time the Bollands Steer-a-Ball was on ebay. The first time it had a starting price of £500! When the auction finished with no bids I emailed him (thehauntedchurchyard) and offered him £400 cash but he replied saying he would wait till the market picked up and sell at a later date... Still think it was cheap at £296 but that's ebay for you - nothing's a sure thing.
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

WillBorl wrote:Here's the link for the floor standing verson. This went very cheaply as well I thought.
The seller offers interesting info about them being the last off the Bollards production line etc.
The seller also had parts and cabinets for two more. So three of them :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0308714933
I missed this, it would have been a better buy and it was nearer
Attachments
d5d3_3.JPG
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

gameswa wrote:Daveslot, how did you know that your bid would've been highest on that Steer-a-Ball??
The bid I left was £30 above what it made, don't know if I would have won it though, depends what the other bidder left on it, and ebay have changed my password again, 4th time in 10 days, tried talking to them, only getting a standard response back :-x