A Brace of Catchers

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

A Brace of Catchers

Post by treefrog »

For those that are quick, two Clown Catchers are up at auction, one tomorrow and the other next week,
One of them seems to have a very low estimate, I am no expert on these, but this is tis one genuine as the hinges look different to most,

The other one looks quite nice with the top flash, although it looks like there maybe a small worm problem.
Lot 308
Lot 429
Attachments
lot308.jpg
catcher1.jpg
catcher1.jpg (11.78 KiB) Viewed 2386 times
andrewcampbell

Re: A Brace of Catchers

Post by andrewcampbell »

Wow they look really beautiful especially the top antique caramel piece. The most attractive factor about antiques is their unique appearance which gives off that enticing aura which makes it timeless regardless of their physical age. This applies to all collections be it timepieces, jewellery, and others.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hi Andy. :WELCOME: to PennyMachines.co.uk!

Absolutely agree, that ineffable patina the antique dealers wax lyrical about is what really gives the old pieces their charm.
Was I the only one with bidding card poised between trembling fingers before twigging that TreeFrog posted those machines over six years ago!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

And was I the only one puzzled as to why TF's links went no where?

Welcome to Andy, I'll put the kettle on and break out the biscuits, grab a seat mate tell us a load of lies about your machines and share photos of your wife/girlfriend or even both! :cool: