Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
JC

Re: Coventry Auction - 29 November 2009

Postby JC » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:56 am

Hello Cheeky - I look forward to receiving details of your nice lots and photos!
Yes, I can confirm that Kevin will be back again this year, but please remember that it takes more than a good auctioneer to make a good auction:
1. You need good quality lots that punters will want to buy.
2. The afore mentioned lots need to have sensible (or no) reserves.
3. You need buyers with money in their pockets.
4. The afore mentioned buyers need to spend the money in their afore mentioned pockets!

If we get all of this right - then we should have a good one. We already have over 100 lots, which is pretty good at this stage. I shall post more details and lot descriptions in due course.

Jerry :D

JC

Postby JC » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:27 am

Just a reminder that the closing date for entries is 9th Nov. (next Monday), so if there are any vendors who have not yet sent in their entry forms, please get them in the post tomorrow!

To date we have about 200 lots, with more to be added. There is a great selection of machines, with something to suit everyone.
Bandits include: Mills High Top, 2 Poinsettias, a rare Castle Front, Black Cherry. Jennings Dixie Bell, 2 Governors. Pace Commet and a rare Bantam. A cracking Sega High Top. Various Aristocrat, Jubilee and Bally..........Oh, and a Watling Bird of Paradise Rol-a-Top - yes, one of this year's star lots is a machine that I can't remember coming up at auction for many years.
Allwins range from Whales and Wonders to a beautiful Edgerton Double Event.
Bryans machines include 2 Elevenses, Pilwin, Worlborl, Bullion, 2 Clocks...... and once again, we have on offer a Payramid!
Add to this some nice trade stimulators, vending machines, interesting spares, weird and wonderful, a good selection of coins, and you should by now get the message that this is going to be another great day! Can you really afford to miss it?

Catalogues should be ready to order within a week or so. Details in the MARKET in due course.

See you all on the 29th

Jerry :D

JC

Postby JC » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:39 am

Well, it's a little over two weeks to go, and this year's event will be our biggest ever. With 280 lots, there really should be something for everyone. Catalogues will be available to order in the MARKET shortly (as soon as I can remember my password)! So be sure not to miss the biggest UK slotties event.......it only happens once a year!
Cov. 09 Cat. Front Cover.jpg

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Jerry - your username in the Market is MMM and you remembered the password correctly.
(I sent you the details, but looks like my emails are not reaching you).

JC

Postby JC » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:54 pm

Thanks PM - what a terrible sign of old age, when you can't remember who you are?

Anyway, ad. now posted in the Market, so get your orders in now! Although not stated in the ad., the catalogues should be ready to post mid week (ish). As I've already stated, with 280 lots entered in the auction, this will be our biggest so far. The 'bandit men' in particular will have a field day this year, with over 40 on offer - everything from Aristocrats to our star lot, the Watling Rol-a-Top.

Vendors have supplied a good number of pictures this year, too many to post on this site. So in the next couple of days, I will post them all on my lovely new MMM website (on the News page). Here's a link:

http://mechanicalmemoriesmuseum.webeden.co.uk/

See you all on the 29th

Jerry

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:12 pm

Some auction images already online here: http://mechanicalmemoriesmuseum.webeden ... 4536433181

JC

Postby JC » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Another quick update:

1. All pictures now posted on my site (see above post for direct link).

2. Catalogues still not back from the printers, but will hopefully be ready to post tomorrow or Monday.

3. If you order a catalogue from the Market on this site, please please please let me have your address, as it does not come through on the Paypal advice, and it is very time consuming having to chase buyers for their address.

Jerry

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:08 pm

Thanks all for a very enjoyable day......Even bought my first non bandit relate slot a Bryans Clock, surprising given the number of bandits on sale.. Great day, shame one has to wait another year :D

Bent Copper

Postby Bent Copper » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:43 am

Yes, it was a great auction, probably the best for many years. I must remember to bring a torch with me next year though.

grabber

Postby grabber » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:13 am

Great auction good crowd.
I got a tin Mutoscope and also some spares off the side tables.
Well worth a visit.
I think every one went away happy.
Everyone was very sociable.
My first visit to Coventry auction.
I would recommend it, even if you have to stay overnight.
Congratulations and many thanks to the auction team.