Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
jonesthegarage

Re: Carfield one arm bandit

Postby jonesthegarage » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Inspired by Widget's Columbia with the reversing payout mech and just having got this Carfield back from Mr. Slotalot's fixing shed I thought I'd share the Carfield in operation - note the reversing reels.

glittering-prize67

Postby glittering-prize67 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:02 pm

treefrog wrote:I wonder if the nudge machine is like the Carfield nudger on ebay now.....
I had that very machine when I was 15. The club nudger, although it had 3 reels so not a club machine. It would nudge any reel down one symbol. It used a torch bulb to shine through holes in the reels for higher payouts. It had a sensor on the opposite side. I was going to bid on the machine a few weeks ago but it seemed like it was being bid up - loads of bids from the same bidder in 2 or 3 pound increments. That put me off. It was a hopper payout and mine was on old 5p. Carfield did patent the nudge - must have made a fortune. I did not realize they made table top bandits, but I would put Carfield up with Bellfruit - very nice and very well made machines.

Nice machine, I love Carfield, sentimental value and that can't be replaced. If that's ever for sale I might be tempted. The club nudger I owned had a crown on the centre reel paying 5p. I noticed crowns all over the front glass on yours - I thought the crown was Aristocrat.

operator bell

Postby operator bell » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:43 pm

glittering-prize67 wrote:Carfield did patent the nudge - must have made a fortune.
What's surprising is that they bothered to carry on making machines after getting that patent! I'd have purchased a private island in the Caribbean and retired there with several dozen attractive young women and a rum distillery.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:46 pm

In my experience the age of the women and their attractiveness would become redundant due to the rum distillery. :-(

brianh

Postby brianh » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:37 pm

Saw this one on eBay which looks similar to the Carfield in this thread. Not had a bandit before so know less than nothing about them - would this be worth a punt for starters if I can get it for a sensible price or does anyone know if any probs with this make I should look for?
crown.jpg

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:19 pm

I dont think this is a good starter machine as there is electric involved in its operation.

Its also a bit boring IMO as it will pay maximum coin of 2 on payout (1 shilling = 2 * 6d coins).

Its certainly different yes, but an Aristocrat or jubilee would be far better first machine for fettling (safer too).

radiochrissie

Postby radiochrissie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:32 pm

I echo Malcymal , it’s also rusty, looks like it’s been in a damp cellar for years.

brianh

Postby brianh » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:59 pm

OK - thanks guys, just that I'd sold 3 of my Allwins and fancied a change but whilst I'm OK with a hammer and a screwdriver, :smash: electrics and me don't go together :shock: so will take your advice and give this one a miss and maybe see what Coventry have to offer next month. !!THUMBSX2!!

brigham

Postby brigham » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Look how good the artwork is.
Also, no half-baked decimal conversion.
An interesting, unorthodox machine.
Can't find it on eBay, though.

brianh

Postby brianh » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi brigham - try this link. Comes under "Crown One Armed Bandit"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292761509598 ... noapp=true