Aristocrat price record

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Aristocrat price record

Post by treefrog »

This has to be a record for an Aristocrat of any kind. Now I like them, but there are limits.

This Nevada Gold Star, nice looking, with Jackpot has just sold for £990 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Whoever the buyer was, they put an additional two bids above their top price, so obviously well over a grand.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this was one of Aristomatic's machines, although I cannot be 100% as he never responded to my email. This initially went on with a buy it now, which I think was around £750. I should have gone for it..... If it is yours, nice one, and your efforts have definitely been worthwhile and the work on this looked good. I must say though, I don't care what anyone else says, that is a crazy price, even with a rotary escalator. I have a number of Nevadas with jackpots and now feel inspired to go for the re-chrome and a paint job.

Only one point, I assume this machine has been re-chromed and painted, although it never stated it in the advert and only mentioned it as the ad stated it was original... !PUZZLED! .
Attachments
gold-star.jpg
treefrog

Re: ARISTOCRAT RECORD

Post by treefrog »

Well, one of my favourite machines, the Gold Star, has turned up on ebay and I believe is the same one I posted 5 years ago as the highest priced Aristocrat ever. Not quite up to £990 yet, but getting there....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171742364688? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Attachments
gold.JPG
raj

Post by raj »

There is a great deal of attention to detail on this machine that would warrant a premium price, and at the end of the day if a person really wants it, then these days £1k for a good quality toy is not a lot of money. I have sold quite a few bandits to people who simply don't care about the pedigree, they just want a trophy for the games room. The pension pot release will see a lot of people being able to fulfil their dreams, and if this includes a nice slot machine, then good luck to them.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Yes TF, it is same machine, and great to see it once again. The first time I saw that machine was with four others on a cold winter morning around 5 am at Leicester Forest East Services. I still have a few examples of these Aristocrat rotary jackpot slots (e.g., Tic Tac Toe, Blue Star, Wild Aces). They look great side by side, all lit up. The seller is a really top bloke so I wish him all the best. His reserve was sensible and has already been met so we just have to wait and see where the final price ends up at.

Hopefully Raj is correct and more people who remember the older mechanical machine will shortly be better placed to offer ready cash for older machines like this and similar.

GP
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes, it had not occurred to me that there could be a spurt of golden oldies suddenly becoming flush...... Mind you, I am now only 5 years away myself. Not sure though I fall into the lucky ones with golden pension pots like they used to get. I missed all the final salary type pensions people got, which were way beyond any contribution people ever made.....

Aristo, I will be keeping an eye out for when you get rid of your remaining machines :roll: although I do have one of your Rotary Nevadas, a Tic Tac Toe, as you know..... Would love a 4 reeler, but never seemed to make it to the UK from Oz.........

The only other Aristocrat I have seen reach this a high price was the last Clubmaster at the Elephant auctions in December which sold for £750...
aristomatic

Re: Aristocrat price record

Post by aristomatic »

TF........ Pension age approaching with all the associated age related issues too.................................... Official, the new Jennings

GP
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Wow - your obviously don't suffer from the same age related issues I obviously do. So there is an Aristocrat that has made a higher price, there you go... By the way, when I said I am only 5 year away, that was 55 not 65 ;-) , at least I am still able to say, at least for a brief period, I am in my 40s.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

aristomatic wrote:... Pension age approaching with all the associated age related issues too
Passed the pension age in Jan, so I retired and I do, it's true, have a couple of age related issues... I've got more money than I ever had when I was young and loads more free time to spend it :lol:

Pension age isn't always a bad thing.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

It's a fine looking machine, when you think re-chroming is so expensive, to get one as good as this is a pretty rare thing, hence premium price. It's got original reel strips etc. too. Pay as much as the thing moves you, not because it's got some maker's name on it like Jennings. I've got some machines at home that I wouldn't part with for twice their alleged value because it's not what they are worth that makes me buy them, it's whether I like them and they sit nice in my home.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

The seller of the Aristocrat came up to see me with a mech off a different Aristocrat he has (Clicketyclick). I told him to drop it off in the morning and he could collect on his way back in the afternoon. Anyway, it was done in 5 mins so he was very happy. I just wish I could sort out electromechanical machines as easily!

GP
jingle

Post by jingle »

aristomatic wrote:The seller of the Aristocrat came up to see me with a mech off a different Aristocrat he has (Clicketyclick). I told him to drop it off in the morning and he could collect on his way back in the afternoon. Anyway, it was done in 5 mins so he was very happy. I just wish I could sort out electromechanical machines as easily!
What badge would you like lad !SMARTY!
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

These two machines I have had a long long time but they went on the same day as I just wouldn't know where to start if they went wrong and their value would probably be a quarter or less of that fully working as now.

What badge jingle....?

Well, getting back on thread again, perhaps a gold star badge.... or as you like your footie........ maybe CTID

Here's pix of the 2 Ballys:
Attachments
ballymon3yhoneyquickdraw.jpg