Mechanical Memories Auction 2010

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Coventry Auction 2010

Post by badpenny »

JC wrote:Catalogues now available in the MARKET.
AUCTION CATALOGUE CLICKY
JC

Post by JC »

That's so clever - I wish I could do that !PUZZLED!
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

A week to go and already I'm envious.

J. Peterson !!COOEE!!
Your green American but not in an environmentally sensitive manner.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

not too late to book a plane!!!!!!! you know you want to !!PLANE!!
john t peterson

That's a clever one, Jimmy. Maybe you'd loan out the Bat plane??
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Got my catelogue and have done a bit of analysis comparing this year to last years auction....

There appears to be around the same amount of allwins as last years auction, although there is only one Wonders, I think there were a few last year.

Bandits are down this year as JC stated, about a dozen less than 2009, to 29.....in fact there is only one Aristocrat (my favourite)

German wall machines seem to have increased in more than doubling from 11 in 2009 to 25 this year....Has Englishmen emptied his wardrobe.....

Looking forward to it !!THUMBSX2!!
Englishman11

Post by Englishman11 »

Someone doing mind reading out there? Been a bit poorly of late and 75 next so I have been in the "wardrobe", the "loft" and down to "le shed" to have a bit of a clear out ... Some of my gems are already listed - As to remarks about the DIANA .. It is made by IMO of Germany, they were made 1956 and this one is superb inside and out - I know of one other in UK ( in my loft!) - Insert a coin, this is now on 20p, action zeros counters, you then shoot at a fox or rabbit - as you shoot ( you have 12 shots) the shot total goes down on the left "shots"scorer, any hit is registered on the "hits" scorer - there are panels which light as you get correspondingly more accurate - I have managed 2 hits only so I don't even get a light on - problems when you're old! - clever design made with mirrors, a rotating disc with foxes and rabbits come ramdomly into view and you must hit these, done by electric contacts on the slipper arm of the gun - The Company made three variants, my other called Kongo is similar but slightly different and has lions, elephants and monkeys on the target list [ so politically incorrect!!] - third on is called Rollux and this is based on Ten Pin Bowling , still in the loft I hasten to add - See you guys at Coventry.. Harold English
JC

Post by JC »

Yes, Harold has entered some fine German machines this year (although of the total entered, not all are his). Ref. Diana, I stated in my previous post that I know of one other. Well, it's not the one in your loft Harold, so that makes three.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

harold are you going to sing this time? !!><!! see you there !!CHEERS!!
Englishman11

Post by Englishman11 »

Hi Jim - Might come in the "Elvis Gear?" - Better bring your better half this year too as time is marching on and we are all getting a bit older... Yum-Yum !!! see you there for a bacon buttie ... Cheers - H

you are right again J, it is that D.L who stores stuff away and never restores them ... Grrrrr !
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

i said to mrs cowman 'im off to the auction on sunday get your coat ready' she said 'why am i going with you' ' no' i said 'im switching the heating off' :lol:
JC

Post by JC »

Boom Boom! The oldies are always the best. (Altough in fairness Jimmy, you were scraping the barrel a bit with that one)!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

anyway !MONKEY! milker sorted :didact: mrs cowman going on sunday, wants buy me an allwin [doesnt know yet}
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Englishman11 wrote: As to remarks about the DIANA .. - I know of one other in UK ( in my loft!) Harold English
JC wrote:Yes, Harold has entered some fine German machines this year (although of the total entered, not all are his). Ref. Diana, I stated in my previous post that I know of one other. Well, it's not the one in your loft Harold, so that makes three.

I seem to recall that there were TWO Diana's in a Sarrett auction a few years ago...which just proves the rule that once someone quotes the number that exist, or the fact that they are rare...more and more start to appear. I know that someone recently posted a comment on the rarity of Bryans Rockets, and I thought 'well I know of more than that'.
JC

Post by JC »

There was definitely only one Diana at the Sarratt auction – I know, because I entered it on behalf of the owner.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

JC wrote:There was definitely only one Diana at the Sarratt auction – I know, because I entered it on behalf of the owner.
Well I thought there were two when I came back from the bar and checked :woops:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Don't worry about the white stuff anybody, just a inch of sprinkling here and clear blue skies.
We're all prepared and systems are go,go,go.

See you there. :cool:
john t peterson

Happy hunting everyone! And remember: sneaking into the parking lot permitted only for smoking; no outside sales!!

J Peterson
Your American cheerleader :cool:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

We're still hoping to see you one year JTP ..... I guestimate if you aim at the car park and just clip the chimneys in Rosslyn Avenue with full flaps and chuck the fans into full reverse as the wheels touch you might just stop before the kiddies playground.
Please don't touch the black Saab it's mine (the Jag had to go, it thought my middle name was OPEC)

Leaving might be more interesting, depending on what you buy, I suspect you'll be half way down Kingsway Rd before you achieve rotate.
john t peterson

Sounds like I'd better get my helo rating before I show, BP. That way, I can take you up and we'll go for an aerial tour of your backyard...or as it's better known: "The BP Botanical Gardens and Orphan Arcade Repository." **xXx**