Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
john t peterson

Payramid on German Ebay

Postby john t peterson » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:14 pm

One day to go and this beauty is only 300 Euros? Where are my British homies?? Sleeping??? !PUZZLED!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 761wt_1141

J Peterson
Your American Taskmaster

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Payramid on German Ebay

Postby pennymachines » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:21 pm

At least one British homey was hoping nobody would spot it and planned to bid in the last dying seconds. Looks like it got caught in the searchlights... !!UHOH!!

raj

Postby raj » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Cheers JT, may the best snipe win!!

john t peterson

Postby john t peterson » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:26 pm

Oooops! My bad. Apologies all around. I should have known better, Mr. PM. !PUNISH!

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:24 pm

No problem JP. I didn't really expect it to slip through the net. I predict the price will rocket in the last few seconds and it'll go to a tall, dark gentleman from Germany.Image

spintop

Postby spintop » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:56 pm

Before bidding I take it you've checked first if the buyer will ship to the UK and let's hope his packing is up to a safe standard for such a wooden collectable machine. I remember years ago I bought a Pyramid that came from the seller with a kind of thin cling film wrapped around the cabinet just sitting on a small wooden pallet. When it arrived I nearly passed out. I didn't want to take the cling film off and look at the machine!! How it never got any travel damage I just don't know. The guy who delivered said from the shape of it they all thought it was a clock at the courier depot so maybe that saved it from any real harm.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:16 pm

John T. Peterson wrote:Oooops! My bad. Apologies all around. I should have known better, Mr. PM. !PUNISH!
I use to do this all the time, posting anything of interest I found at auctions or elsewhere. One day I got told off or prompted by a fellow collector that this was not the done thing !SHSSS! , so do it less now...... I suppose it is all part of the fun trying to hunt out a treasure. The thing is though, anything online we all have access to, so assume a few people are always on the case on most things. (although we like to think not)

I have asked the seller "in German and not very good" if they will ship to the UK and for your benefit the answer is 'yes' and will cost 45 Euro.....

Even though it states two DM, I assume it is still actually old pennies, looking at the coin tube, unless there is a sleeve inside. I have no idea how big a 2DM coins was?

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:20 pm

tree-frog wrote: Even though it states two DM, I assume it is still actually old pennies, looking at the coin tube, unless there is a sleeve inside. I have no idea how big a 2DM coins was?
I was a little confused by the 2 x 10 pfennig coins sign on the machine !PUZZLED! do you have to put two coins in to make it work :!?!: ,if so how will it register both coins?.... a 10 pfenning coin is about the size of a 20 pence piece, so a lot smaller than the old penny we all know and love /\UK/\ .
regards from Confused of Halifax! :tarah:

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Quick google shows there was a 2 penning coin up to the introduction of the Euro in 1992....Found a picture of someone holding an old one (sorry so small) and I would say that is not far of an old penny size maybe slightly smaller, assuming the person holding it is not a child.
penning.jpg
penning.jpg (3.59 KiB) Viewed 2096 times

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:45 pm

tree-frog wrote:Quick google shows there was a 2 penning coin up to the introduction of the Euro in 1992....Found a picture of someone holding an old one (sorry so small) and I would say that is not far of an old penny size maybe slightly smaller, assuming the person holding it is not a child.
I see what you are saying about the 2 Pfennig coin, but its the 2x10Pf sign that puzzles me !PUZZLED! yet the payout card says one penny !PUZZLED! !PUZZLED! , maybe who ever put the sign on the machine, lost something in the translation from German to English??? and ment it to say 2 Pfennig?
Still confused of Halifax :tarah:
2x10pfa.jpg
2x10pfa.jpg (5.86 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
2x19pfb.jpg