Payramid on German Ebay

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
john t peterson

Payramid on German Ebay

Post by john t peterson »

One day to go and this beauty is only 300 Euros? Where are my British homies?? Sleeping??? !PUZZLED!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 761wt_1141

J Peterson
Your American Taskmaster
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Payramid on German Ebay

Post by pennymachines »

At least one British homey was hoping nobody would spot it and planned to bid in the last dying seconds. Looks like it got caught in the searchlights... !!UHOH!!
raj

Post by raj »

Cheers JT, may the best snipe win!!
john t peterson

Oooops! My bad. Apologies all around. I should have known better, Mr. PM. !PUNISH!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

No problem JP. I didn't really expect it to slip through the net. I predict the price will rocket in the last few seconds and it'll go to a tall, dark gentleman from Germany.Image
spintop

Post by spintop »

Before bidding I take it you've checked first if the buyer will ship to the UK and let's hope his packing is up to a safe standard for such a wooden collectable machine. I remember years ago I bought a Pyramid that came from the seller with a kind of thin cling film wrapped around the cabinet just sitting on a small wooden pallet. When it arrived I nearly passed out. I didn't want to take the cling film off and look at the machine!! How it never got any travel damage I just don't know. The guy who delivered said from the shape of it they all thought it was a clock at the courier depot so maybe that saved it from any real harm.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

John T. Peterson wrote:Oooops! My bad. Apologies all around. I should have known better, Mr. PM. !PUNISH!
I use to do this all the time, posting anything of interest I found at auctions or elsewhere. One day I got told off or prompted by a fellow collector that this was not the done thing !SHSSS! , so do it less now...... I suppose it is all part of the fun trying to hunt out a treasure. The thing is though, anything online we all have access to, so assume a few people are always on the case on most things. (although we like to think not)

I have asked the seller "in German and not very good" if they will ship to the UK and for your benefit the answer is 'yes' and will cost 45 Euro.....

Even though it states two DM, I assume it is still actually old pennies, looking at the coin tube, unless there is a sleeve inside. I have no idea how big a 2DM coins was?
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

tree-frog wrote: Even though it states two DM, I assume it is still actually old pennies, looking at the coin tube, unless there is a sleeve inside. I have no idea how big a 2DM coins was?
I was a little confused by the 2 x 10 pfennig coins sign on the machine !PUZZLED! do you have to put two coins in to make it work :!?!: ,if so how will it register both coins?.... a 10 pfenning coin is about the size of a 20 pence piece, so a lot smaller than the old penny we all know and love /\UK/\ .
regards from Confused of Halifax! :tarah:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Quick google shows there was a 2 penning coin up to the introduction of the Euro in 1992....Found a picture of someone holding an old one (sorry so small) and I would say that is not far of an old penny size maybe slightly smaller, assuming the person holding it is not a child.
Attachments
penning.jpg
penning.jpg (3.59 KiB) Viewed 3729 times
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

tree-frog wrote:Quick google shows there was a 2 penning coin up to the introduction of the Euro in 1992....Found a picture of someone holding an old one (sorry so small) and I would say that is not far of an old penny size maybe slightly smaller, assuming the person holding it is not a child.
I see what you are saying about the 2 Pfennig coin, but its the 2x10Pf sign that puzzles me !PUZZLED! yet the payout card says one penny !PUZZLED! !PUZZLED! , maybe who ever put the sign on the machine, lost something in the translation from German to English??? and ment it to say 2 Pfennig?
Still confused of Halifax :tarah:
Attachments
2x10pfa.jpg
2x10pfa.jpg (5.86 KiB) Viewed 3721 times
2x19pfb.jpg
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I saw this auction when it first appeared and was intrigued by the double coin play. I looked at the mech pic and you can see something is added to the upper end of the coin lever, so I assumed that this was added weight and would act as a counter balance to hold the first coin, then the weight of the second one would drop both. Simplest way is always the best, and this is how I'd try to solve the problem of two coins to play. The coin tube is not the size of an old Penny but much smaller.
raj

Post by raj »

Wow... just tracking some German bids on ebay & they are paying serious money for 1950s wall machines. Perhaps the time has come to send all the rotten monkeymetalplypeelingcrapoMats back home!
willborl

Post by willborl »

Anyone here get it? :!?!:
raj

Post by raj »

Not me; went for £958, which leaves room for a profit, based on previous sale prices.
john t peterson

Wow! Six bids in the last minute. And I thought only Americans were unruly opportunists!!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I hate the way you have to be a forensic scientist to get a clue about who's buying stuff on eBay nowadays. The buyer, m***h has bid three times in the last 30 days. This bid is in the German category Sammeln & Seltenes > Automaten and the previous two in the British category Clothes, Shoes & Accessories > Men's, so I think the Payramid's coming home.

With the odd coinage and Euro 45 shipping, I guess it's still not a bad price. Too much for this bargain hunter though. I didn't get a bid in. :|
spintop

Post by spintop »

come on all together now sing it to the tune of football's coming home ...................its coming home its coming home its coming the Payrimid is coming home ,,,, everyone knows the coins they've seen it all before ,,,, they just know they're so sure ,,,,, that the winners gonna change it anyway gonna restore it away but I know it can play ,,,,,, two pfennigs on the front the Bryan sign still gleaming ,,,, many years of hurt never stopped us dreaming ,,,,, so many jokes so many years but all those oh so nears ,,,, its coming home its coming home the Payrimid is coming home '
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

!!HYSTERIA!!
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Which reminds me John, how is your payREDmid restoration going, well I hope now that you no longer rise above us all.

Richard
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Funny JP , i was just wondering how your Payramid Mantiques resto was going?