Mills Hi Top Quad Reel Console on Ebay

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
malcymal

Mills Hi Top Quad Reel Console on Ebay

Post by malcymal »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mills-4-Reel-Cons ... 2eb42cca1f

Just noticed this unusual quad reel Mills Hi Top Console on ebay. Can't remember them being electrically driven in the manner this one is? Can anybody tell me more about it? It's not for me but its interesting. Malc
raj

Re: Mills Hi Top Quad Reel Console on Ebay

Post by raj »

As the seller says, you won't find another; it's too much of a one off ....I would scrap the awful console & rebuild the old 4 reel mechanical mech, but not for £500 though. What does anyone else think?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes saw this and always fancied a 4 reel Hi Top, but not sure about this one. Having said that, I love quirky machines like this, if it wasn't for the electrics....I can only assume this type of conversion was done in small numbers and in the UK, but I cannot tell how it works, as there are a whole bunch of relays etc. at the bottom, I can only assume hidden in the middle layer there is a hopper somewhere to get the large payout. I cannot see slides, but there is a coin tube inside a larger coin tube, which makes me wonder if the coins drop through to the hopper section.
Not really a proper console, which usually cover the whole sides up, but it maybe possible to convert back to a standard machine, but I guess it would be a shame to lose the history of this machine, not that I would pay the money for it....That is one hell of an escalator as well, with some kind of lighting, maybe bonus feature behind the escalator window.
Attachments
4-reel1.jpg
4-reel2.jpg
4-reel3.jpg
4-reel4.jpg
4-reel5.jpg
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

Looks interesting, I would say it's a Sega. The whole machine looks as though it can be pulled off the base complete. The electrics look daunting though. I notice a multi socket from the mech seems to go nowhere.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Exchange "interesting" for "daunting".
bandito

Post by bandito »

It looks to me like all the payouts are electronic. I see no payout slides at the foot of the coin tube. I would guess the escalator window would have a set of five lights which would light up to indicate how many coins you are playing from one to five. Restored, it would look very nice and be cool to play. Imagine the payouts playing five coins at a time and hitting a winner.....KERCHING!!!!!!! !!YIPPEE!!
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Well yesterday there was a £500 starting bid on it. Today, no bidders and put down to £300. Curious........