Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
gameswat

Re: Helicopter Race

Postby gameswat » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:38 pm

Would I be right in thinking the added floats on these things are actually the weights needed to bring them down quickly? Seems like a much better way to weight them down than putting something inside those fragile plastic bodies.

Also on watching the game in action it seems the fan mounted down below does a fantastic job of getting the rotors running just long enough to reach the top of the game, these are bloody quick games compared to all the other race games I've played, most are exhaustingly slow.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Thanks Pete, that is useful. Is the microswitch maybe used for the fan when the game is engaged or is this part of the win light circuit

A microswitch to engage the fan makes sense and as previously suggested kicks when engaged at the beginning with enough power to spin the blades during duration of flight.

These helicopters definitely don’t look like a airfix model, maybe custom made. Also the floats as mentioned look added and as Gameswat says I reckon were the weights which would be needed to get down, like monkey climbers are lead... The ends of the lines holding the helicopters are dampened with springs to prevent too much damage. Whenever you get a chance with the wooden ones as I reckon they will be same as mine, which have a little man in them and weight enough to drop....

So the voltage question was right for the win lights, as the frame is part of the circuit, so needs to low.....
5209B8E5-3FFF-4693-8817-EE52C0198A4.jpg

mr merrivale

Postby mr merrivale » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi
Please find the wooden helicopters in racer as promised.
Also I am not sure the plastic one are weighted, or the weight is just in the construction of the helicopter bracket?
Tom - the switch for the fan is totally separate, being 240v to the low voltage win lights, but the light house is 240v - again a separate to win low voltage lights.
20190825_090224a.jpg