Old coin catcher

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Old coin catcher

Post by treefrog »

I am sure you have all seen the old coin catcher on ebay at the moment, but does anyone have any info on it, eg who made this and date, which I am guessing is early, especially being on half penny.

The control on the right seem simple enough, with the token win handle and flicker. I assume the window is to view available tokens/checks. What I am interested in is on the left of the machine where a couple of patches show some earlier controls or slots !PUZZLED!

Nice looking machine, although looks like there is active woodworm on the back.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230764847332? ... 500wt_1202
Attachments
catch1.jpg
catch2.jpg
catch3.jpg
catch4.jpg
silverbitz

Re: Old coin catcher

Post by silverbitz »

Almost looks as if the case has been turned up side down. Good looking machine for this price at the moment anyway?.
gameswat

Re: Old coin catcher

Post by gameswat »

I was wondering the same thing, but the photos aren't big enough to see the detail. Though if you look at the interior shot and roof shot you can see two filled holes the same dia as the token tube on the lhd. So I imagine there was a seperate payout originally, probably the centre payout was the higher value, and the two lower L & R cups that currently return coins used to pay a lesser value token via the left hand cabinet side. As the son of a former operator I've seen first hand the butchering of lovely original mechanics and graphics that went on in the name of modernisation and simplification!