Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Treff Tempo on ebay today

Postby badpenny » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Not seen one before. "Giggle.com" says Treff Spiel & Warenautomaten Berlin, Germany 1953

Nice honest photos from the vendor, it looks as if at the least the payout is genuinely removed although not to meet let's pretend Ebay rules.
Seems the pot metal castings are suffering also, I wonder what the broken off bit is, aprt of the missing payout or worse?

Badpenny
ps "aprt" is expected to appear in the next revision of The OED as its popularity is outstripping supply.

treefrog

Re: Treff Tempo on ebay today

Postby treefrog » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:30 am

Not the prettiest of machines, but BP as you like the unusual seems right up your street, the challenge that is.. :lol:

The actuator is similar to the Domino. If it's all there, a nice project..
treff.jpg
treff2.jpg

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:11 am

I've had a couple of these on the 6d coin. In this example, the original circular slot on the top left corner has been usurped by an alternative slot cut into the middle of the casting to make way for the old penny.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:26 am

Thanks for that Mr P.

What about the mechanism. What's missing from the broken casting with the circular frame? :-(

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Hell's teeth it went for £162.30 !!!!

What on Earth was I thinking of?
No job, not eligible for dole, not enough room to keep a bandit stand in doors, but £162.30? ... sure thing no probs!

I can't be trusted you know, it's really not good. !!RAYOF!!

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Tue May 01, 2012 11:14 am

I thought you would go for this, will look nice next to the Monimat.....

I was trying to also see if all the components are there, but of course haven't a clue on the machine, the only thing I was looking at that may be broken was the slide top cover, but of course this may be how it is supposed to be. I am sure you will keep us updated.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sun May 06, 2012 7:39 pm

I collected the Treff this weekend. As it was just inland from "Wells next to by the alongside Sea" in Norfolk, we made a day of it.

Ned, the vendor was a super young man, very personable, polite and good looking he reminded me of myself up until recently. He was very interested in all the lies and exaggerations I spun him. He'd already found the forum and had been following this thread, I invited him to become a member (after first convincing myself there were no more slots stashed away). It also helped to distract him enough to stop him noticing all the notes were spanking new and sported the same number .... %|% Phew!

It seems he grew up with this one and had only recently managed to prise it from his father's hands as headed towards a skip with it.

You know how items often look better on ebay than in the flesh? Well for the first time it was the other way round.
The case is really good and solid. Interestingly it has a number stencilled on the inside and on the back.
IMG_0726.jpg
IMG_0731.jpg
IMG_0727.jpg
The front casting is quite intricate and will benefit from stripping, polishing and a repaint. Sadly that will lose what's left of the original award cards which aren't cards but transfers.

As Mr Pennymachines pointed out the original coin entry is blanked off and a new one created for 1d. I expected that to be a bit of butchery however it looks quite professional from the inside........
IMG_0730.jpg
I'm puzzled that the first coin chute is blanked off immediately after the hole, why would that be? And why is there a second chute and overflow which was originally connected to the top casting (broken off bit) for the slides? And what big chunky slides!
IMG_0729.jpg
I've had an element of success repairing broken pot metal, there is lots of advice on the web. So I expect to be able to remanufacture the missing bit from the slide casting.
IMG_0728.jpg
But now I need to perfect the art of strengthening parts that are starting to crumble but not yet gone........
IMG_0735.jpg
The nob on the front is Bakelite (I think) and twists. On the inside it's an Archimedes screw thingy which moves a linkage inwards. This in turn is attached to the last reel I haven't decided yet if it frees it to move on or whether it brakes it early or is it a "Hold" ?
IMG_0733.jpg
IMG_0734.jpg
The reels spin but that's it so far. I suspect the clock regulator is seized and if it's shot I'm hoping a Gunther Wulff will replace it as I have a few knocking around somewhere. If they don't I'll need to attempt some micro engineering with a blow lamp and a lump hammer.

The final picture was from Wells and competes with The Lincoln one I posted Thursday about "Directions"
DSCF1114.jpg
I've never known Easter fall that late in the year!

badpenny

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:37 pm

Can't believe it was over 4 years ago BP you bought this machine, as usual I was tempted at the time, but held back. I did the same again recently when another came up at auction I think near Liverpool over a week ago, as usual half the people who buy at auction are out to try and profit take and it is now on eBay. It sold for £65 at auction and now priced at £295, still missing it's original back, but looks like this one is on original coinage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Antique-1953- ... Sw2xRYQdUS
IMG_0260.JPG
IMG_0259.JPG

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Well remembered TF ...... bloody nightmare.
They've got to be one of the oldest Monkey Metal contraptions ever.

Interesting yet with all the robustness of a Papier Mâché crowbar being utilised in a monsoon.

BP

clubconsoles

Postby clubconsoles » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:40 pm

What a bizarre yet very funny analogy, made me smile!