Bargains in the Pennymachines Auction?

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Re: Bargains in the Pennymachines Auction?

Post by treefrog »

Well the vendor did a lot better......The Auction maybe a real good place to have a go if enough of us are watching...........mmmmm what can I dig out....In fact as it happens clearing out the garage at the moment
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

As I mentioned, clearing out the garage and put two machine in the auction, no reserve :oops: and may well put another few on as well.

Chance to grabs some bargains.
1396296440.jpg

[youtube]qee6h67Wmf8[/youtube]
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

Well done TF ...and within spitting distance of Norfolk too, thats a nice change!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Was asked for more pictures of the Hi Top see below. Also further info, the paint is BRG on the outside, painted by me over 4 years ago and on the inside is a lighter green, which was the undercoat. I have now realised the 777 feature does have a vendor, forgot about that as below. Mechanism I have got to spin and stop. Now seeing why the rear disc stop is catching and the payouts are not operating, so may get this going before the end of the auction.

Also there are faint MLB marks on the casting and a AR stamped on each casting. Not sure what the AR refers to.

Any questions let me know.

Oh a couple of things I have notices, the Jakcpot is a genuine Mills, the escalator is a Sega version and as mentioned the mechanism is Mills all stamped.
Attachments
IMG-20130225-00031.jpg
IMG-20130225-00030.jpg
IMG-20130225-00028.jpg
IMG-20130224-00020.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Nice bandit that TF.

If you're right and the escalator is a Sega, I shouldn't lose any sleep over it.

As I've often said string, chewing gum and bits from any other machine would be employed in the arcade backroom to keep a machine spinning and making money.

What's a Tossimo? ........... and the blue box?

BP
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Ah ha... The Tassimo Bosch coffee machine.....My leaving present form work......it is great, I also got 3 months supply of coffee capsules.....It's the one thing I will miss from work as we had a Nespresso machine, very similar......

Much better than filtered or grinding yourself....

The Blue box is a new lock, which I may or may not fit if the bidding does reasonably.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Much better than grinding yourself....

I never cease to be amazed at the things people will admit to on a forum .......... Good on yer chap!

BP !THUMBS!
marktol

Post by marktol »

Looks like a lovely clean mech.

How do I increase my maximum bid - just got an error saying you already have the highest bid but I only put a cursary bid in with the view of increasing before the auction end but doesn't seem to let me?
jra

Post by jra »

Hello treefrog,
Any joy with the beromat reel stop during your rummage in the shed?

regards JRA.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Bringing in an "anti snip" system on ebay would, i think, not change things much. Ive been on Ebay since the month it started in the Uk and bidding then was a very different thing. Bids came in from day one and the price climbed slowly with ,surprisingly, very few last second bids. Now the only reason for picking a 7 day auction is to allow bidders to notice the goods ready for the last few seconds panic.
I like esnipe for the same reasons as others on this thread, it defiantly stops you from over bidding. I too rarely feel frustrated at loosing an item if I use esnipe because i spend a lot of time deciding my max bid in the first place. Also I think esnipe stops sellers pushing up there items price with false bids,its too fast to take the chance.

We need to enhance the auction side of this site with auction end times on the menu page, I totally missed out last time yet im always on the site !PUZZLED!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

coppinpr wrote:Bringing in an "anti snip" system on ebay would, i think, not change things much............................. We need to enhance the auction side of this site with auction end times on the menu page, I totally missed out last time yet im always on the site !PUZZLED!
I had my snip done at Marie Stoppes Clinic off Tottenham Court Road, not sure I'd trust eBay. Still, your children could always leave positive feedback.

I think Paul's suggestion to publicise auction end times is spot on. We're all programmed by eBay to rely on them to remind us.

BP
marktol

Post by marktol »

When is the pennymachines 'iphone auction app' being released?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

marktol wrote:When is the pennymachines 'iphone auction app' being released?
Click Here to Download Pennymachines Auction App. Designed to operate on Sinclair, Atari and Morphy Richards.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

marktol wrote:When is the pennymachines 'iphone auction app' being released?
I'll get to work on it, soon as I get an iPhone. Should point out - I don't own a mobile phone... :shock:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Does BP use a snipe type of software to spot missed letters and wrong spellings in our posts? He never seems to miss one - the long Winter evenings must just fly by.
I had my snip done at Marie Stoppes Clinic off Tottenham Court Road,
I had mine done further down the road, off Wardour St. I remember it must have been the Summer because all the nurses had very few clothes on. Great place though, they had a "large west Indian chest for sale" and they advertised "keys cut till midnight". How useful is THAT! They also rented out cameras with no film in !PUZZLED!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

coppinpr wrote:I had mine done further down the road, off Wardoor St.
Wasn't that just above Sweeney Todger's Sausage House? Sadly, a Pret A Manger now.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

jra wrote:Hello treefrog,
Any joy with the beromat reel stop during your rummage in the shed?

regards JRA.
I am repairing a couple of Beromat type machines at the moment and taking parts off a spare mechanism, so will try and see if I can take one of these arms off. I am unsure if all the mechanisms are the same as looking at various ones I have various parts have changed through their life. Will update you via a PM if successful, probably by end of the week...
jra

Post by jra »

Hello Treefrog,
Thank's for the reply.
Regards JRA.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Here's another one up for auction - sister to the Will's Capstan Cigarette vending machine:

Wills's Gold Flake Cigarette vending machine
GoldFlake.jpg

For the record:
Wonders Win & Place sold for £319
Red Hi Top bandit sold for £36
Will's Capstan Cigarette vending machine sold for £107.99
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Less than two days to go, so a reminder on the bandits......

Now have the Hi Top working in terms of it plays and pays and the Jackpot pays out. Outstanding operational things are the Token vendor I think needs a stronger spring to activate as it just does not have the strength to trigger and the reserve jackpot is not tripping down to the main one. Again if I have time will try and look at. It has been good fun reminding my self of the adjustments required on these machines to get the timing right....Remember it is an old machine so there are a few things that I would do if keeping, maybe new reel strips, new award card, a couple of the retaining clips holding back the locking levers need replacing. None of these stop is being used of and handle re-chrome.....It seems very generous, I get the cherrys a lot.......

Now on Youtube and remember the Buckingham is also on youtube