What's going on?

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

What's going on?

Post by treefrog »

I may be missing something, but I am sure there is more than a bar missing from this Hawtins allwin.... I did point this out to the seller and the below is the response:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... TQ:GB:1123
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned, but I believe your machine is missing the payout mechanism
thanks yes it is the metal rod that operates the pay out , i would think most serious collectors would know how to rectify this easily. not something i was prepared to bodge ,go on have a go , makes a great money box for 20pence pieces .thanks again
!PUZZLED! Yet the price is already at £395.
Attachments
hawtins1.JPG
hawtins2.JPG
raj

Re: Whats going on

Post by raj »

A rod missing? ...Try all of the coin payout mechanism. This machine has been altered for 'amusement only'. Quite a bit of work to build the required parts, unless you have parts from a scrapped machine, or use Nostalgic spare parts.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Whats going on

Post by badpenny »

Plus the winning ball lever,
Plus the payout brake...

Then we get to the coin tube, slide and the infamous connecting rod.

Hawtins Allwins seem to average around the four to five hundred mark even with the metal door to the cash box replaced with wood (common).
I reckon I could manufacture all of the missing bits for a lot less than a ton but it would then be a home made rebuild.
funky

Re: What's going on?

Post by funky »

well if u have a look at his name...........think its rob-1n?........maybe he mispelled it and it should b ROB BIN?... :!?!:
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Should be "Rob-U."
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Hey JP, that's got your name all over it - you must love allwins missing payout parts!*

* if the bunch of machines I bought from you says anything about your buying habits! :o
:lol:
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Gameswa, I can't respond; I'm still grieving about Josephine Baker which you stole from me... :cry: You told me she would never run right again as long as I owned her. !PUZZLED! I had to give the poor darling up for her sake. !MADEME! Now I'm just a broken down loaf(er) without a baker. :???:
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

And for once.....JP...I was actually right!? Took me half a day of wonderment to figure out the problem with poor Josephine :dammit: , and then another half day to sort that and smaller issues. Seems she'd had a little bit of a tough life before i came along. :tut Turned out the main hub with the payout holes had moved ever so slightly backwards and was rubbing the backing plate. Do not even think of asking me how this happened, I don't know, as the two grub screws locking it in place were tight to begin with !PUZZLED! ? She seemed ok back in 2007. And even after loosening them it took a lot of effort to move the hub forward enough to stop it scraping :smash: , which was stopping the wheel from turning more than just a few revolutions. Thanks to the fore-mentioned jamming I'm guessing the previous owner lost interest in the wiggling girations of said Josephine and stopped playing with the gorgeous creature?! :( She's happily running like a treat now. In fact I'd go as far as to say she's the finest piece of French fluff I've ever had in the house!! I should post up just the sound of the mech running - pure poetry to a machine lover ;-) . She may be working for a living but before you get too jealous she doesn't put out yet dammit dirtdog . Someone still needs to make the missing chute for the tokens, but Le Penguin was nice enough to send me the only pic he had and just enough to get the job done !THUMBS! .
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Mmmmm we seem to have touched a nerve hear, so who was Josephine !MADEME!