Coventry Auction Sunday 24th November 2013

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
arrgee

Re: Coventry Auction Sunday 24th November 2013

Post by arrgee »

Well done Jerry and Jeremy (and all others behind the scenes) for another well organised event - very much appreciate all your hard work that goes into this each year.

Did not come away with all I wanted but was happy with what I did get.

Many thanks chaps !!THUMBSX2!! !!CHEERS!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

A few early photos for those who couldnt make it, better to come im sure,

shot.jpg

look whose inner self is emerging :shock:

slots.jpg

the one that got away (cheap)
the one that got away (cheap)

peng.jpg

the one that didnt (left)
interesting bit and bobs
interesting bit and bobs

one of the big hitters
one of the big hitters

nice!!
nice!!

new slots.jpg

treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Thanks once again the J's, great auction and a big turn out,,,

Seems machines did much better this time and in fact some serious prices or records on things like the Easy Push. There were very few machines that went for a song, I would say Bargain of the day was the Jennings Galaxy, good nick for around £250.....

My missed machine as I think it was the best looker on the day was the Myers Fortune teller, I am sure a few of us will have a regret on that one, nice looking machine...

Got some spares a german bandit myself as well as a risky punt at the Wonders Tipit, with the "Missing Key" sticker.....well I found a matching key and sure enough lots of missing parts so you were all lucky not to bid on that one. The bits on this are very similar to the Droppacopper, so need a Solenoid, Coin tube and slide and one new relay....Have two Dropper Copper's so may try and get this one going as people were intrigued how it worked....Next time I have a dodgy machine, I will lose the key as well, !!SUICIDAL!! Still good day out, nice to meet further new faces, eg Hutto and Henry Powell
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

"Quote coppinpr ........... look whose inner self is emerging :shock: "

shot.jpg
shot.jpg (45.28 KiB) Viewed 2305 times

It's interesting that you saw my inner self Paul as that T Shirt only points at the mischevious :!?!:

Good photos Paul, sadly every time I tried to devote a moment to taking photos I got roped into doing something auction orientated.
Here are some I did get ......

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1488.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

Just Before The Irish Dancers Went On Stage
Just Before The Irish Dancers Went On Stage

A more detailed report to follow, but thanks to you all it was a great one, the balance was spot on in my eyes.
There certainly were a few missed bargains as well as indicators that quality machines always command good prices.

BP
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

The photos look a lot better this year !!PHOTO!! do you think it is because the club has been redecorated in a lighter colour !PUZZLED!
Sadly my camera had a trip to Coventry this year and I forgot to take any photos with it :dammit: :dammit:
I must be getting old!!! !NITENITE!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It might have something to do with me taking the trouble to read the manual on my camera after 3 years. !PUZZLED!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I had quite a long chat to Henry Powell while queuing to get paid and was surprised to hear that he's been badly affected by having his machines removed from ebay. He told me that after many calls to ebay, they did confirm that it is one person reporting all the machines, but would not tell him who. I've always suspected it was human intervention and not ebay's search and find, as I've said many times on the forum. dirtdog
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

It would be interesting to know if he has received any offers for his machines after they were removed by ebay? And if the offers came from the same person?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

If he did, and he linked the two events, he would kill the guy... He was NOT pleased about what's happening. !PUNISH!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

!!CHEERS!! !!CHEERS!! !!CHEERS!! yes well done the j's !!CHEERS!! !!CHEERS!! !!CHEERS!! another year dusted
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

This is the longest I've taken to post my report after a Coventry Auction.
I'd like to put it down to my being a laid back cool kind of dude.
cool pip.jpg
cool pip.jpg (6.91 KiB) Viewed 3005 times

However if truth be known it's taking me longer each time to get my marbles back in the bag after each auction.
man.jpg
man.jpg (1.64 KiB) Viewed 3005 times

I felt this one had a really good feel about it. The vendors really did us proud, the mix of machines was truly eclectic (except for the ones that didn't have a plug! :-o )
The turnout was superb it's not very often we hit 3 figures registering to buy (you know what I mean). By the size of the paying in queue it was obvious most of them had snatched a bargain.
I think there were only a couple or three lots that by the end of the day hadn't sold.

Prices were good, mostly everyone now seems to understand the prices of 2007 stopped in 2008. There were at least three machines though that many of us wish we'd chucked a last bid at after we saw the hammer fall.
I was pleased to see The Duomat fetch what I think is a record price as I've always claimed they're a £400+ machine.
You can all make your own minds after JC gets the results to Mr P for The Arena.

Lots of new faces was a pleasant surprise, and of course meeting up with the familiar ones as always.

As usual a super job done by our professional (and sober) auctioneers, plus a big thanks to our volunteers who guard the door and porter for us. We had a new face this year who having poddled along to his first auction found himself toting machines around. So now we have three of us with bad health staggering under the weight of 500 old pennies and Beromats.

Hope you enjoyed it, do let us know, hope to see you at the next one.

BP :byee:
JC

Post by JC »

Whilst waiting for BP to say his bit, I've been banging away at the PC getting the prices typed up for Mr PM. They're now on their way to him, so will no doubt be in the Arena soon.
I think most will agree it was a good day, although the bargain-seekers may have found their choices limited. The vast majority of machines sold, in most cases for about the right money. However, there were a good number that made above what we might have expected, and there were surely several records broken on Sunday - the Easy Push at £575 comes to mind.

I shall come up with a more detailed analysis in the Dec. magazine, but would just like to pick up on BPs point about the record number of registered bidders. We had so many that we ran out of laminated bidding cards and had to write numbers on a back-up supply of paper. The reason we ran out of bidding cards was not actually the high number of bidders: it was the number of cards that have gone 'missing' over the years - we've lost another five this year, making a total of over three dozen! Thanks to thoughtless individuals who can't be arsed to hand in their cards, we shall be charging a deposit next year........as always, it is the actions of the few who spoil it for the many.

Anyway, we hope you all had an enjoyable day and will be back with us next year.......
on Sunday 30th November.

Jerry
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

cheeky

Re: Future Coventry Auction

Post by cheeky »

Any news on the May 2014 special yet? !!>*<!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

When JC knows I'll know, and when I know you'll know ....yes?

BP !PUZZLED!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I quite understand that we must wait till all is agreed before the details of the next auction can be disclosed but I was wondering, will this be just an auction of the collection in question or will we still be able to enter lots ourselves? I do hope so for both our benefit and the success of the auction - the more I can sell there the more I can buy. :cool:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The auction will be open to all and not restricted.

:cool:
bandito

Post by bandito »

Well, I am still none the wiser.........just blurt it out man!!!! A collection of what??? !PUZZLED!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I refer you to the opening of Paul's post above.
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Very exciting. I just hope that my pending knee op doesn't result in me being absent. Paul's 'opening' does sound suspicious though. :o