Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

PennyMachines Auction ended early

Postby coppinpr » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:37 am

What happened to the machine in our site auction? It's gone now! :!?!:

jonesthegarage

Re: forum auction

Postby jonesthegarage » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:22 am

come on now Paul, don't be coy. Read the last two messages in the "Early Mills/Firman identified" thread and draw your own conclusions.

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:47 am

oh well if thats the way our forum auctions are going to be I wont bother to bid again !!RANT!!

hutto

Postby hutto » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:40 am

Well said that man :tut

aristomatic

Postby aristomatic » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:56 am

Maybe it was pulled by the seller, maybe it was pulled by the mod(s).

I was tempted to post on the Firmans thread that maybe the Firmans seller should start using the pm function after his last reply on the thread.......... if he didn't want to face the possibility of the mod(s) further intervention, but then I thought best to leave it to the resident mod(s) to decide after the previous warning over forum rules, whether they felt any further action was needed.

Maybe the resident mo(s) didn't see the last post on that thread, or maybe they saw it and decided they didn't need or want to act, or maybe they saw it and did act but by pm or email or other means. I have no idea, but it's not my forum so will leave it to them. It's frustrating when machines become "available" and then the opportunity "disappears", especially when they are rare, but it happens, whether it be on ebay or here or elsewhere. I remember only recently, the 4 reeler Mills on this forum. Oh boy, it's frustrating. I have been on the benefit and loss of the machine equation many times, whether the seller agrees a price and then sells to someone else and I'm the someone else (great) or I'm the original buyer at the lower price (not great).

Perhaps I will list something in the auction to restore some faith.

GP

hutto

Postby hutto » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:07 pm

And well said that man too. **xXx**

marktol

Postby marktol » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:51 pm

Let's hope it's nothing sinister and just a mistake. You kind of expect that kind of thing from the likes of ebay, but I would have hoped that our fellow forum members within the confines of the forum would have more etiquette than that.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:06 pm

Machine = Inanimate object. It will work or not.
People = You'll never know what they'll do or say next.

This Forum is about the world of slot machines but of course needs people.
The owner of the site and the mods try to uphold rules and guidelines that are assertive and clearly for the benefit of everyone.

If however anyone chooses not to play fair or abuse the long term benefits of what we can do for the hobby, then it's more a reflection on them than the rest of us.
I know whose gang I'd want to be in.

BP

hutto

Postby hutto » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Well said that man :didact:

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:14 pm

There of course always the possibility the seller has not sold the machines to anyone on this forum, as he has not stated so or responded, so a lot of assumptions may being made.

Certainly would have been interested if a few had been available, as stated due to distance, but in answer to our fellow member around the logic on thread and assumptions made, again I only wish I had been able to gain a nice batch of machines, but alas not, nought to do with me....

Strange thing is, me thinks a lot of double standard talk goes on here, as I am pretty sure many of you try and get listers on ebay to sell early.

You never know maybe the seller will list them on ebay as stated.....