PennyMachines Auction ended early

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: PennyMachines Auction ended early

Post by pennymachines »

Harvey73 (widget2k4) I understand you have opened new accounts (which I have now closed) to air your grievances here. I was responding to your most recent email to me when you did so. I'll answer the points here, but if you wish to respond to them, please can you do so via email.

You say you cannot see what you did wrong.
If you cannot see what was wrong with making offers for the Firman and the Roman Head on the understanding that the vendor would cancel the auction, I feel confident that the decision to terminate your account was correct.

You complain that other members should have been banned for trying to achieve what you did. There is some merit in that complaint, and certainly hypocrisy from some of those who complained about it, but the fact is you succeeded, which is why you were investigated and penalized. I can assure you that anyone found following your example will have their account closed. It's nothing personal.

You say, you still do not have the machine in your possession and may not get it as he is thinking of selling it on ebay.
Had you simply used the Auction to secure it instead of colluding with Rebelmc's pretence that no sale had been made, you would now have full right to the machine and my support if Rebelmc tried to back out of it. If Rebelmc is now threatening to renege on the deal you made with him outside the auction, I'm not particularly surprised or sorry. At least he's being consistent.

The Auction and Market provide a clear-cut format by which collectors can trade fairly and without upsetting each other. Those who don't abide by the User Agreement, have to be excluded to keep it that way.
coppinpr

important to me

Post by coppinpr »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

I know this is not good way to get my message across and the mods may remove it but its very important to me to say this, just one sentance,and i expect no replies,
At no time did i pm the seller of the recent auction machines,for ANY reason,and it would never enter my mind to do so,what kind of a person would i be to do that and then start a thread complaining about auction conduct, i have asked mr p to check my messages and confirm this as proof, l know this is an unusual way to get this across but as i say this matters to me,
paul.....
john t peterson

Re: important to me

Post by john t peterson »

Those of us who have been on the site for a long time trust you, Paul, not some poser who's conduct has resulted in a most rare ban from Pennymachines.

John Peterson
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: PennyMachines Auction ended early

Post by pennymachines »

OK Paul - I have moved your comment to the thread in which the accusation was made.
I would like to point out that the only PMs I examined were those of the seller. This established that an off-auction sale was agreed on the two machines. I saw no offers from other members.
I did this with misgivings because PMs are sent with the understanding they are Private Messages and I respect that.
I consider the matter now closed.