New way of getting past Ebay rules

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

New way of getting past Ebay rules

Post by treefrog »

People have tried the selling a bandit cabinet separate from the mechanism to get around ebay rules, the latest trend from our fellow collectors or speculators is to completely break machines down into parts and sell them......Me thinks this is not about ebay rules perhaps and more trying to make a few dollars !WINK!, shame.The latest one is a perfectly good Mills Hi Top someone was selling on Gumtree and now in a thousand pieces....overall for twice what they paid for it.
The only risk is the people needing parts will dry up in terms of bits people want as the market will flood and the bits we all want like back doors, never come with the machines anyway
coppinpr

Re: New way in getting past Ebay rules

Post by coppinpr »

how about advertising a machine on Ebay as "totally dismantled for parts " and offering "free rebuild before collection if required"
amazing how quickly I can dismantle and rebuild in less than 10 mins if no one is there to see either :o
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

I tried to buy those two Mills machines from down Kent. Looked like a nice Winter project to me. Guy told me he was selling them to a collector to get restored. :(
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Same Gumtree seller has, or maybe that's now had? The Wonders Cannonballs machine which was damaged at the auction house and featured in this thread previously on the site: Wonders Pictures

Seller didn't want hassle of couriers, just wanted simple cash on collection, (and understandable).
EDIT
The Wonders has now been sold I believe.

GP.
coppinpr

Re: New way of getting past Ebay rules

Post by coppinpr »

Here is an interesting way of heading an ad to try and get round being removed. Interesting jack pot on this machine:
Full size scale model collectors one arm armed bandit fruit slot machine
Attachments
italian.JPG
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I laughed at that one as well.

I've always wanted a full size scale model of Earth ....... no where to put it you see.

I used to have one of those bandits, I heard somewhere they were a Sega spin off for Italy. :!?!:
pennymachines

Post by pennymachines »

badpenny wrote:I heard somewhere they were a Sega spin off for Italy.
We discussed them here: Ascot Bandit.
Probably more rip off than spin off, but made in Italy, yes.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Fascinating, because ........

A) I don't remember that thread.
B) Not only did I contribute to it but I said the same as I did in this one.

I am pleased to notice that I am consistent in my amnesia.
My future ability to be reliable in Dementia will easily surpass my predictability whilst I was young. !!THUMBSX2!!

BP
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

this listing started out life on ebay.com with a starting price of $1 then was removed as "error in listing". It is now listed in "Women's Magazines" category but we've all still found it, maybe that's the secret, we should all start listing full scale model women's magazines. It's a while since I received the statutory warning from Ebay, I might give it a try.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Interesting, as my normal machine search found it and yet I'm not searching for "woman's mags", mags with women in them, yes - that's another matter. Perhaps we should list in "playboy mags" section, we would reach the right audience :o