Caille Centre pull Victory Bell in Aberdeen??

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Re: Caille Centre pull Victory Bell in Aberdeen??

Post by treefrog »

I think the seller got around a grand for the machine as he was seeing if I would pay more and in this condition an absolute no no.....too machine unknowns, missing parts and drilled cabinet with new coin entry on top and bars over reel window....

Interesting to see machines like this imported and converted for British use, even if they did butcher them.
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

Funny you should mention that tf. I was offered that machine also for a grand. I was interested, but after studying the original pictures they posted I declined. There was a chip out of the casting on the front right hand side, not easy to see but big enough for me to decline their offer. Would rather pay 3 to 4K for a decent complete one. Oh And I hate rusty mechs!
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

LOL... It appears the seller did the rounds and contacted everyone hoping to get big bucks. He made out he knew nothing about it and inherited it. I bought one of these front pull Caille machines 3 years ago for £700 in full working order with all vendor bits too! Good luck if someone paid a grand!!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

He didn't offer it to me ...... obviously my reputation for being a tight fisted cheapskate paid off. :cool:
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

My friend viewed this machine too as he was local to it,

He's emailed me to say it's now up for auction in Suffolk
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

In fact in Ipswich about 2 miles from me at Lockdales......and no it was not me that bought it and decided it was too much of a bodge and try to sell on....but it does mean I can get a very close look (if I can be bothered), but I would not pay the low estimate anyway......I wonder who did get it as I know of few collectors near me !PUZZLED!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well I looked at the machine yesterday and did not take more pictures, but wondered what I was missing when it sold for £900 (£1080 with commission) as it looked worse in the flesh than the pictures. Seller would have got slightly over £700.....your right about top casting the chip on the side is also a lateral crack running donwards.....hope someone is happy |/XX\|
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

i know a fellow collector whom has several US bandits and bid £400 on it.
With the damaged castings and the like, I do wonder what sort of person would pay £900 for it.
Those RH and LH vendor covers are reproduced, but I think £400 would have been my limit and agree with treefrogs sentiments on this.