Coventry Auction Sunday 22nd March 2015

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Coventry Auction Sunday 22nd March 2015

Post by treefrog »

Topic split - Site Admin.

I have completely forgotten when the next auction is planned and thought it was in this thread, but could not find, also Mr P has not kept the Calendar up to date :tut .....Only reason is need to save the pennies and stick in the diary, especially as we seem to have a few auction over the next few months.....I am sure you will say MMM has it, but not sure if I missed the last one as my subs may have ended but subscribed now.....
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Coventry Auction Sunday 30th November 2014

Post by badpenny »

Thanks for the elbow jog Tom .......

Sunday March the 22rd is the date.

I was talking to JC at the weekend and it seems we already have over 20 machines, and as I'm sure you can imagine some of them are really exciting while the others are merely fantastic.

BP
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Coventry Auction Sunday 22nd March 2015

Post by pennymachines »

treefrog wrote:Mr P has not kept the Calendar up to date :tut .....
OK, reporting back for duty after risking life and limb down icy Alpine slopes. *SKIING*

I've split this topic to reflect the upcoming Coventry auction date and added fourteen events to the Calendar (including the significant February sale - more details soon).
badpenny wrote:Sunday March the 22rd is the date
Err... shouldn't that be 22nd or is it Jerry's Roman calendar again?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sorry .... I meant 22st. :o
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

Well, I'm selling most of my machines off in the garage and will be after something special to replace them. I will hopefully get permission to use the works van which is a long wheel base high top Citroen. If I don't see anything I like, at least I can have a cuppa and a browse.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Jimmycowman's works van is ready as well..... :lol:
Attachments
untitled (8).png
untitled (8).png (81.46 KiB) Viewed 4680 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I didn't know you'd upgraded Jimmy :lol:
JC

Post by JC »

Well, there are a few auctions coming up over the next couple of months, but I'm sure you all know that the biggie will be the Coventry Auction on 22nd March. Take a look at the auction page on the magazine website. Wipe all of that drool away from your faces and start saving your pennies........and we haven't even officially started receiving entries yet!

[url]http://www.mechanicalmemoriesmagazine.co.uk/[/url]
JC

Post by JC »

Just a reminder that the closing date for entries is Monday 2nd March. If you have items to enter and require an entry form, email me via this forum or the magazine website.
I'm hoping to be able to start loading some pictures onto the magazine site in the next couple of days - unfortunately, I don't actually have pictures for most of the entries I've received so far! If you're entering machines, do please try to let me have pictures. Taking a few pictures gets easier as the years go by.......you now don't even need a camera! If you don't have a smart phone, you will almost certainly know someone who does. So just snap away and email them directly to me.
JC

Post by JC »

I've loaded the first page of pictures on the magazine site, but am still waiting a considerable number of pictures that have been promised. The list of Bryans machines that will be included this time should be finalised tomorrow, so I shall hopefully be able to post pictures by the end of the week. Just another reminder - if you have machines to enter (or have already entered) do please let me have pictures.

[url]http://www.mechanicalmemoriesmagazine.c ... 4588445174[/url]

Jerry
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If you've not been keeping an eye on the photos of lots for The Coventry Auction March 22 2015 then best get over there by clicking here
You'll not be disappointed, there are still some photos to be posted from our end, but most importantly if you're sitting on anything you keep putting off sending us......
Nows the time to do it

BP :cool:
JC

Post by JC »

Well, the closing date for entries was five days ago.........and I'm still waiting for a few final details. We'll have a little over 200 lots, which include a particularly fine and diverse selection of machines. Of course, the stars of the show will be the Matthewson Footballer and the second half of the Bryans collection, but there's plenty more wonderful machines of all types, shapes and sizes.
There are more pictures to be loaded onto the magazine website, but I won't be doing so until I can list everything in catalogue order - which will probably be sometime on Sunday, or by Monday morning latest. Details for ordering catalogues will also be posted soon.

So get ready for a great Spring auction - you definitely won't want to miss this one!

Jerry
JC

Post by JC »

All pictures have now posted on the magazine site in catalogue order, although I am still waiting for a few more that have been promised. Catalogues can also now be ordered online, but please note that they don't actually exist at the moment! I'm hoping that they will be back from the printers by Thursday coming, so if you order yours between now and then, you should receive early next week.

Jerry

[url]http://www.mechanicalmemoriesmagazine.co.uk/[/url]
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I was asked the question if the list of lots shown ..... Extremely Clever Clicky That Takes You Directly To The Auction Page ..... is the complete list of lots submitted for the next auction.
The answer is "No Siree" .... those are just the ones we either have photos for or have been promised them.
We're looking at about 200 in total. :shock:

BP
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Ah Haa! I've now been asked if the other 100 odd lots are the rubbishy ones that aren't of interest to slotties. !GRUMBLES!
The answer is still "No Siree". You must be thinking of another auction. !UNSURE!
We can't guarantee that every lot will be of interest to every slottie, but every lot is "slot orientated" !!YIPPEE!!

We're not interested in having to wait while "Toffee Tins" and "Fire Buckets" are paraded before the next lot relevant to our fantastic hobby appears ..... and neither, do we think are you! !!HOBBYHORSE!!

So in case you have any doubts .... be assured that : -
The Coventry Auction March 22 2015 - Coundon Social Club, Coventry.
Not only has a couple of hundred lots including Machines ~ Winter Projects ~ Spare Parts ~ Books ~ Coins etc.
It will also be a "Canary Cage" and "Parasol" Free Zone.

BP !!THUMBSX2!!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

It is also WARM.. !!HOT!!
It has a BAR for both tea coffee & BEER.. !!COFFEE!! !!CHEERS!!
It has comfortable SEATING !SOFA!
It has on site free PARKING. !!BRRRMM!!
And it look like this.... :o

So come and join the PARTY... !PARTY!
Attachments
P1060067.JPG
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

and not a zimmer frame in sight! **xXx** ( unlike the VCA auction)
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

So the latest questions are..... "Can't you give us a flavour of what the lots without photos are?" ... "Will there be any left handed grimbit pins that hold the bit on an Aristocrat that always comes loose?" .... "I need coins, are there any coins?" ... "Books, magazines any more machines?"
The answer this time is "Yes Siree" ...... While you're waiting for your catalogue to arrive here's a summary of what else will be there apart from what's listed HERE

20 plus lots of coins and tokens.
40 plus lots of machine spares/mechs/cabinets/castings/hinges/handles.
12 lots of Allwin spares/tags/ball bearings/Locks.
Miscellaneous magazines, books and flyers.
More Machines -
Beromat German wall bandit, working on old penny play.
Jamiesons Autofruit electro-mechanical wall machine.
French Fortune teller Machine.
Plus some we are still awaiting final details on.

Order your catalogue by Clicking Here
BP
JC

Post by JC »

If you would like a catalogue in advance of the auction, best order one now, as I shall be zapping the Buy it Now button on the magazine site tomorrow. Catalogues will of course be available on the day.

[url]http://www.mechanicalmemoriesmagazine.c ... 4557541957[/url]
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

Is the Auction Free Entry?
Can I just show up on the day?