Ray Stacey mechanical music & slot machine sale

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
gameswat

Re: Ray Stacey mechanical music & slot machine sale

Post by gameswat »

John T. Peterson wrote: I also see that the truly high end pieces have no estimate. This should be an exciting auction.

J Peterson
Est: 150 to 225 GBP in America
Oh dear, John, John, John.....I think you just scared every last bidder off with your pitiful estimate. All you had to do was keep your big American mouth shut, and we would've seen some kind of new record set!?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Strewth I didn't realise Mr Son of Peter had so much clout worldwide.

John ...... Feel free to broadcast what a "Soopah Doopah Chappy" I am and well worth buying a drink for. :cool:
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Why, the good stuff of course, Arrgee. !!HIDING!!
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

So, having had a peek at what is on offer at the Canterbury auction, I thought I would place absentee bids on two or three items (it is not that far away, but I cannot get the time off). Really pees me off that the autobid facility does not work for that auction site. :dammit:

Ho, hum. Bloody computers. :smash:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Interesting to sell a machine you have not even taken delivery of and will take more than a week to be delivered...... also with a strong pound, shipping costs and fees, would need to sell this baby for more than $1500 to break even.....This seller seems to like English machines, but I find it odd some of the items he is selling and whether anyone in the US would even understand them, especially the "Nottingham" automata by Frank Nelson mentioned a few times on here. Not sure they would know who Bryan Clough was, but there you go.

Glad I didn't go to the auction - no surprises. Blimey that Hi Top fetched a packet with its brand new case - £942. People must like shiny things I guess. Also the Clements fetched a few bob.

Went to Coventry on Sunday and it was void of most the usual collectors. Even so, prices were high and I left machine less. Bargain of the day was the Merchandiser for less the £300....
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Coventry? :o
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Ha ha ha, well I am not the only one who makes mistakes..... I won't name him, but one our colleagues turned up late at Leamington saying, "have I missed the football machine?"......I said, "what football machine?" ....he said "the cast iron one"......Took me a few moments to clock on that apart form being the wrong auction, he was 5 weeks early as well...... :lol: Still I am looking forward to Coventry and will remember the turn off at the right junction - no wonder I am always late.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I tried to talk several of my friends into bidding on that GM Labs Soccer, and would have bid myself if I didn't already have one. That's a very rare and tasty early pin, great fun to play and worth a small fortune, especially in the US. This looks to be the second best example I've seen so the seller knows what he's doing.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Results now in the Arena.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Restored-1936-G ... 3cfa1c28cc

Probably same machine, now restored?

GP
Attachments