Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
arrgee

Postby arrgee » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:25 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh !! I'm away on the auction day with my wife for a long week-end, so NO chance of coming along. Pitty, would like to have had an excuse to buy one. (yes only one, as I am still happily married after 32 years)

JC

Change of date

Postby JC » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:47 pm

Don't panic Arrgee! For reasons that will be fully explained in the next issue of the magazine, it looks as if our next event will be Sunday 22nd April, and not 13th May. When I am able to positively confirm this, I shall post in this thread, and the MMM forum. I should have positive news sometime next week.

Jerry :oops:

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:43 am

FYI
February 20th,
Cameo Fine Art Auctioneers
Kennet Holme Farm
Bath Road
Midgham, Berkshire

Local auction with some slotmachines including Buckley crane, allwin, laughing sailor, Mutoscope, Shefras punch ball, Clown catcher, BDR bandit, Fairground items.
See the Calendar for a link to the online illustrated catalogue for this auction.

JC

Vintage Coin-op show & Auction

Postby JC » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:49 pm

I can now confirm that our next event will be on Sunday 22nd April. Full details in the next issue of Mechanical Memories Magazine, and on this site in due course.

Jerry :D

The Grabber

Postby The Grabber » Wed May 02, 2007 8:26 pm

hello ,does any one know if the southern counties auction will still take place ,are they going to have an auction i have sent an email but got no reply ,hopefully some one out there has some news ,,,

daveslot

Postby daveslot » Thu May 03, 2007 9:20 pm

hi mike, i spoke to them today,its still on, they have got stuff entered but the catalogues have not been done yet, so might still be time to put things in

The Grabber

Postby The Grabber » Fri May 04, 2007 8:27 pm

thanks for your reply david see you there ,,,mike...

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Wed May 09, 2007 1:11 pm

For those who haven't noticed it yet, check the entry that I listed in the Calendar last week: Tennants auction of Jukeboxes, Slot Machines etc. on Saturday.

jimmycowman

tenntants auction

Postby jimmycowman » Sun May 13, 2007 12:02 pm

Hi all,
Went to the auction at Leyburn to try and buy the traveling crane. Boo-hoo, went for too much. All prices seemed very high, came home with nothing. £600 for Byrans Clock (not the best condition), £650 for a Playball allwin (locked up so you couldn't see inside), all plus 15% buyers' premium +VAT. Hey there's plenty of money up North. Where can a buy a crane??? I see there's a Byrans crane at the Salisbury auction but that's going to fetch too much.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sun May 13, 2007 1:24 pm

....... 15% buyer's premium + vat eh?

Well the good news is that Jerry & I intend to keep our auctions at 5% premium, so long as the events don't actually leave us in the red.

Badpenny