Forthcoming Auctions

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh !! I'm away on the auction day with my wife for a long week-end, so NO chance of coming along. Pitty, would like to have had an excuse to buy one. (yes only one, as I am still happily married after 32 years)
JC

Change of date

Post by JC »

Don't panic Arrgee! For reasons that will be fully explained in the next issue of the magazine, it looks as if our next event will be Sunday 22nd April, and not 13th May. When I am able to positively confirm this, I shall post in this thread, and the MMM forum. I should have positive news sometime next week.

Jerry :oops:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

FYI
February 20th,
Cameo Fine Art Auctioneers
Kennet Holme Farm
Bath Road
Midgham, Berkshire

Local auction with some slotmachines including Buckley crane, allwin, laughing sailor, Mutoscope, Shefras punch ball, Clown catcher, BDR bandit, Fairground items.
See the Calendar for a link to the online illustrated catalogue for this auction.
JC

Vintage Coin-op show & Auction

Post by JC »

I can now confirm that our next event will be on Sunday 22nd April. Full details in the next issue of Mechanical Memories Magazine, and on this site in due course.

Jerry :D
The Grabber

Post by The Grabber »

hello ,does any one know if the southern counties auction will still take place ,are they going to have an auction i have sent an email but got no reply ,hopefully some one out there has some news ,,,
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

hi mike, i spoke to them today,its still on, they have got stuff entered but the catalogues have not been done yet, so might still be time to put things in
The Grabber

Post by The Grabber »

thanks for your reply david see you there ,,,mike...
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

For those who haven't noticed it yet, check the entry that I listed in the Calendar last week: Tennants auction of Jukeboxes, Slot Machines etc. on Saturday.
jimmycowman

tenntants auction

Post by jimmycowman »

Hi all,
Went to the auction at Leyburn to try and buy the traveling crane. Boo-hoo, went for too much. All prices seemed very high, came home with nothing. £600 for Byrans Clock (not the best condition), £650 for a Playball allwin (locked up so you couldn't see inside), all plus 15% buyers' premium +VAT. Hey there's plenty of money up North. Where can a buy a crane??? I see there's a Byrans crane at the Salisbury auction but that's going to fetch too much.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

....... 15% buyer's premium + vat eh?

Well the good news is that Jerry & I intend to keep our auctions at 5% premium, so long as the events don't actually leave us in the red.

Badpenny
Yorkshire Pudding

Re: tenntants auction

Post by Yorkshire Pudding »

jimmycowman wrote:went to the auction at Leyburn
Would you happen to remember how much the Mutoscope sold for?
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

The wooden cased Mutoscope with electric motor went for £1,700 (did I miss something there??), the tin one went for £900 (might have been £950), but the tin cabinet where the topflash is bolted on was quite badly bent out of shape. Although some prices were high, others were quite reasonable: the 13 'parts machines' of various bandits were probably a reasonable buy for £140... if you had a van and a strong back. The two wooden early clockwork viewers were both very reasonable buys as was the Mills Wizzard fortune teller and I dare say one or two other bits. I didn't stay for the jukeboxes... anyone know what they went for?
Yorkshire Pudding

Post by Yorkshire Pudding »

Thanks muchly!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

One other item I remember was a Clown catcher all complete which made just over £400. I thought that was cheap even with the 15% premium. I would have had it but I was saving my money for the crane which I didn't get anyway ...double dratt.... Has anyone heard of a vintage auction at Blackpool Pleasure Beach at the end of the season? Seen it on http://www.museumofamusements.co.uk Click on the news. That could be a good trip out.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Hi Jimmy, if it's any consolation, the clown catcher actually made £550, plus commission. You must have had that crane on your mind! I wonder if the buyer knew the motor was missing; not the end of the world, but another expense on top.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Are you sure ? £550... I thought it was early 400s... Yes, the motor was missing on the crane. I thought it would lessen the price a bit but that's auctions for you.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Well put it this way, if I'm wrong, I'm taking the invoice back and asking for a refund!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

OK, I stand corrected. Still the right money anyway!