Forthcoming Auctions

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
Yorkshire Pudding

Re: tenntants auction

Post by Yorkshire Pudding »

jimmycowman wrote:went to the auction at Leyburn
Would you happen to remember how much the Mutoscope sold for?
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

The wooden cased Mutoscope with electric motor went for £1,700 (did I miss something there??), the tin one went for £900 (might have been £950), but the tin cabinet where the topflash is bolted on was quite badly bent out of shape. Although some prices were high, others were quite reasonable: the 13 'parts machines' of various bandits were probably a reasonable buy for £140... if you had a van and a strong back. The two wooden early clockwork viewers were both very reasonable buys as was the Mills Wizzard fortune teller and I dare say one or two other bits. I didn't stay for the jukeboxes... anyone know what they went for?
Yorkshire Pudding

Post by Yorkshire Pudding »

Thanks muchly!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

One other item I remember was a Clown catcher all complete which made just over £400. I thought that was cheap even with the 15% premium. I would have had it but I was saving my money for the crane which I didn't get anyway ...double dratt.... Has anyone heard of a vintage auction at Blackpool Pleasure Beach at the end of the season? Seen it on http://www.museumofamusements.co.uk Click on the news. That could be a good trip out.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Hi Jimmy, if it's any consolation, the clown catcher actually made £550, plus commission. You must have had that crane on your mind! I wonder if the buyer knew the motor was missing; not the end of the world, but another expense on top.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Are you sure ? £550... I thought it was early 400s... Yes, the motor was missing on the crane. I thought it would lessen the price a bit but that's auctions for you.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Well put it this way, if I'm wrong, I'm taking the invoice back and asking for a refund!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

OK, I stand corrected. Still the right money anyway!