Makes you think

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Makes you think

Post by coppinpr »

pen machine.JPG

This machine was at at Coventry the other week and I wanted it. I thought I'd go as high as £45 and I think it went for about £50. The buyer (who we all know), clearly bought it to re sell on Ebay (no problem with that - I'd do it myself without a second thought). He cleaned it up, reloaded it with pens and in fact started it at a very low £15, and in no time at all it's rocketed to more than 3 times the price it sold for at Coventry! And it's not finished yet! (Of course, the seller knows ALL about how to sell at auctions, even Ebay, so you might wonder if the bidding is quite 100% genuine, especially as the bidders ID's are hidden).
Makes you think about Coventry though - is it a buyers or a sellers auction? The last three have definitely erred towards the former.
jimmycowman

Re: Makes you think

Post by jimmycowman »

ended at 180 .. ive got the same one which I paid £25 for . not that many years ago :!:
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

Hidden bids on ebay auctions always make me suspicious and I generally avoid them
fayandmatt

Post by fayandmatt »

In the same vane we were sad to see the remarkable 30's pintable that we missed (purely cos we over budgeted for something later in the auction) find its way immediately on ebay for thrice the price.

I now understand that for many people Coventry is seen as a tool to resell at a much higher price. Shame I thought as it struck me as a place for dyed in the wool collectors.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

As the vendor of that pintable I was delighted it sold this time.
It didn't even reach reserve at the previous one in November.

I feel the appearance of machines on eBay shortly after the live auction is indicative of us climbing out of the recession we've suffered.

BP
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

fayandmatt wrote:I now understand that for many people Coventry is seen as a tool to resell at a much higher price. Shame I thought as it struck me as a place for dyed in the wool collectors.

Hi,
If you think that fayandmatt, you're far, far, from the truth. Ninety odd percent of the items that sell make their money (their price). There will always be the odd bargain at any auction - that's the beauty of any auctions. I would enter a lot at Coventry and think I've got market price... :byee: