Fast Turn-around

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Fast Turn-around

Post by treefrog »

Not a new story I know, but I am always fascinated by how people are buying and selling for quick gains, probably large numbers of people trying to turn a quick profit for extra cash (certainly would be difficult to make a living from it), the slot world is not exception, as many on here do the same. (Selling seems to be an issue for me), but the speed people do it some times in incredible.

The below Bradley Challenger turned up on Gumtree last night for £100
http://www.gumtree.com/p/games-board-ga ... 1121817618
challeng1.JPG

And then then next day slightly cleaned up appears on ebay for £300
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bradley-Super ... fresh=true
challeng2.JPG

aristomatic

Re: Fast Turn-around

Post by aristomatic »

AND still sold as non working too....

Could no one else fit this in their car on Sunday for a fiver, or was/is it full of worm too..................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Allwin-/22180 ... 33a4d019d1

GP
Attachments
4SQ.JPG
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes that one was at the Elephant on Sunday, I am sure it has been there 3 times and each time a bit more is removed...

I love the Indian Head on ebay at the moment, although there are loads for sale where people ask stupid prices like, £70, £85 and £95 as is already the case on on ebay now, the latest one has a reasonable start of £19.99, but then you have to check the postage cost :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: £280

These are such common items, what planet are people on

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MASCOT-BRONZE ... 43dea9bcd2
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I'm pretty sure that's a typo on the postage.. Check his completed listings and 2.80 is a common postage cost for smallish items.

GP
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Postage now says £2.80, almost makes you think the vendor could be a forum vendor :!?!:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

No, I feel guilty now, I emailed the seller at the same time and Aristo was correct, it was an error by the seller. At least we have a sensible starting price at long last.........
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

At least by default the seller will now get the bids he should receive.

£2.80 is standard second class for small parcels, that's why I thought it was an error, so just checked his completed listings to check. It's a better idea to always ship by recorded delivery at £1.10 extra....... People trawl eBay for sellers quoting standard 1st or 2nd postage. then buy the item, pay, then await delivery, then state it was never delivered. EBay and PayPal ask the seller for proof of delivery which they cannot provide, then side with the "buyer" forcing the seller to reimburse them, whilst of course keeping the item too.

GP
hiflyer

Post by hiflyer »

As a seller you can't provide proof of delivery. Also recorded delivery does not always work as it should. I always use it but you can't trust it because very often the delivery person leaves the package without getting a signature or even sometimes will leave it with a neighbour or worse, under a bush somewhere if they can't be bothered to take it back to the depot. This is particularly the case with smaller items which can be hand delivered rather than needing a van. Tracking a package which has not been signed for simply provides you with a frustrating message 'the item is still in our system'. I've complained many times about packages which appear to have gone missing but in fact have been received.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I agree no system is foolproof, however eBay, like life in general, is awash with scammers. Simply by stating you only shipped tracked will ensure some of the scammers will move onto easier targets than you. All you can do is make yourself less vulnerable to the majority of the scams. You may still become a victim of course.