April auction

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
stoxman22

April auction

Post by stoxman22 »

I am a bit confused as to the auction on the 22nd April. It is only 5 months since the last auction???? I thought the MMM auctions were to be in the midlands so us "up north" had a chance to attend???? Why are there no requests for entries yet?????
Discuss...........
JC

MMM auctions/events/shows.....confused????

Post by JC »

Hello to stoxman and guest.

There should be no confusion here. The plan is to hold two events per year. Last November we held an auction in Coventry, and in April we're hosting an event further south (a short distance from J18 of the M25).
The long-term plan is to hold the Autumn event in the Midlands and the Spring event further south.
We'll never be able to please everyone. Contrary to common belief, Britain is quite a big island. There will never be a shortage of people who expect to drive three miles to an auction, but there will probably never be an ideal location. By choosing a venue close to the north of the M25, it does offer easy motorway access for most of us living in the southern half of the country (from the Midlands down). Certainly, the April location will be a long distance for those living in the North, but then Coventry was a hell-of-a-hike for anyone living in the west country. Like it or not, there are more collectors in the Southern half of the country than there are in the North. Steve Hunt held an auction in Lancashire a good number of years ago, and it was a disaster - he only did it once! But if anyone wants to hold any sort of event 'up North' I'll willingly promote it in MMM. And don't forget, if Badpenny had not instigated what turned out to be the 'Coventry auction', would anyone else have done so? It's a fact of life that those who shout and moan the loudest are the least likely to do anything about it.
As for requests for entries, be patient! The March issue of the magazine will be in the post tomorrow, so you should receive yours on Friday. Entry forms will be included with the mag. and details (for those who are not yet subscribers) will be posted on this site shortly.

I hope that's clarified things!

Jerry :D
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

It's simple, if you are keen enough you will attend.

I travelled over 150 miles (300 round trip) to attend the Huntingdon auction, I wanted a machine and it meant travelling........ end of story.
stoxman22

Post by stoxman22 »

Wow, I lit the touch paper on that one....
I admit I would be the last person to organise an auction, just because I am not good at organisation on a big scale. I think all of us in the north can appreciate that there is a bigger market down south and we did enjoy the Coventry event. What I didn't realise was the idea of two auctions a year, sounds good to me except the April one falls when I am on nights so I am a bit miffed at that date.
And for the "Guest" who got on his soap box, I for one, am thankfull for the people who take time out to do the web site and auctions. (round of applause)