Bryans Five Win allwin?

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Bryans Five Win allwin?

Post by pennymachines »

Selling price aside, I think the objections raised against this machine were mostly erroneous.
As Arrgee pointed out, Bryans ball tracks are normally thin and flat, not grooved like other allwins. Consequently, they tend not to curve uniformly and, dare I say it, look a bit cheap.
As discussed in the thread Treefrog linked, the 'old style' gallery backplate is seen on a number of early Bryans Fivewins (possibly recycled pre-war stock).
gallery.jpg

Even the odd placement of the chrome stud - below the payout handle, appears to be a feature of the early Fivewin:
front-2a.jpg

And Jingle says the door is pine, but it looks like oak to me :o
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

Despite us all on these forums giving our opinions of; this is not the correct flash, the tracks look thin, the chrome plate looks odd blah blah blah...
I bet the seller is rubbing his hands all the way to the bank... No matter what anyone says, almost £800 for a FiveWin is a big big WoW!!!
You'll be telling me the Elevenses is worth £1000 next.... :HaHa:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Trouble is prices as has been mentioned many times are wild at the moment....There was Jackpot Allwin at the last Elephant that almost made 500 quid with half the payout missing and in a plywood case and a Ball Past the post that went over a grand excluding commission. I remember buying one of those 18months ago in a local auction and bidding against the only other collector known here and paying £800 including commission and thinking I would never get my money back and just to enjoy the machine, but who knows today.

Having said all that bargain very occasionally come up like just now on ebay under the normal slot area a but it now for a Nostalgia Allwin of the Clown, good theme....£50 !OMFG! I had pressed the buy it now but delayed on payment, my dears colleagues around me got in first, so I guess they do sometimes turn up :cool:
Attachments
clown.JPG