60s electro-mech wall machine - East Midlands

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

60s electro-mech wall machine - East Midlands

Post by badpenny »

I know it's not considered good form to point out slot machines appearing in provincial auctions.
It can take a substantial investment (if only time ) to track these down and then it's annoying when somebody spoils your chances by blabbing to the world.

However if you've already seen the above and are considering throwing an internet bid at the machine being auctioned this weekend keep reading.

I have no personal interest in the lot, however I gave it a couple of coats of looking at and happy to share my objective view of what's being offered.
You can email me (don't pm me) through the members link at the top of this page.

Tell me the name of the machine and where it's being auctioned and I'm happy to describe it to you.

BP
treefrog

Re: 60s electro-mech wall machine - East Midlands

Post by treefrog »

as they say

!TWWP!

:lol:
Attachments
autofruit.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

...... and some pictures are worthless without knowing what's behind the door. !PUZZLED!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

BP, very keen for your input please - machine model name is "Hideously Ugly Autofruit" being auctioned by Skip UR Trash Auctioneers Hellinbe. :!: :burp:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

This is a machine that I have never found attractive, it always looks like someone found a box of bits and pulled together something quickly. For example the mis-match of formica used just looks odd and most I have seen is always falling off. Perhaps a retro bathroom cabinet BP if it is empty, maybe you were going to tell us there is already a toothbrush inside :D
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

treefrog wrote:This is a machine that I have never found attractive, it always looks like someone found a box of bits and pulled together something quickly. For example the mis-match of formica used just looks odd and most I have seen is always falling off. Perhaps a retro bathroom cabinet BP if it is empty, maybe you were going to tell us there is already a toothbrush inside :D
:tut
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Perhaps a bit harsh, but being brought up in the formica era, there was one colour I hated and sometimes appears on slots like this Jamiesons, the wood effect brown '!' Also the mixed of the two types just does not go. I do have one or two machine with this on, including the recent Nixie machine I acquired, but that was quirky enough for me to look over the formica. There were some great formica patterns from the 60's and 50's and looks great with wild patterns and have a few stands with great colours and patterns on...

I wish these more interesting formica sheets and patterns were still available today to be able to replace or repair older machines as it is usually chipped or falling off, as is often the case on these Jamieson machines
Attachments
nix2.JPG
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I always find machines from this period a bit sad, firms often trying to make machines look "modern" while still needing to make them cheap because there appeal was waning and the profits were fading away ,the Formica had the benefit of being long lasting and easy to clean,and some I actually like but mostly I find them sad,,makers clinging on to the last vestiges of the style of machine that we like while really knowing the writing was on the wall. In the time line of slot machines these defiantly mark a turning point :#: