Coventry Auction Sunday 29th November 2015

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Coventry Auction Sunday 29th November 2015

Post by coppinpr »

Topic split - Site Admin.

Almost exactly a year ago I posted the line below, every word of it is valid this year..so I posted it again !THUMBS!
It's that time of year again... Dare I ask, will there be a Coventry Auction in 2015? Has a date been fixed? I'm away on vacation for most of November and really don't want to miss the auction. I've got at least four machines ready to go and a pile of shiny sixpences ready to buy some more. %|%
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Coventry Auction Sunday 30th November 2014

Post by badpenny »

Yes Paul we announced it in the mag, and entry forms will be in the next one out soon.
There will be a new website released shortly.

Sunday 29th November .... Coundon Social Club Coventry ..... Machines/Books/Parts/Bacon Butties.
raj

Post by raj »

Great, I look forward to some good entries and maybe some decent music :roll:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I didn't get my mag :#: I'll be sailing down the Suez canal on the 29th :#: First one I've missed in years :#: I had at least 4 machines to sell :#:
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Well coppinpr, there's an auction on this site I believe :cool: . Although it's different than live!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hey JC, it's been two days and I think I've gotten away with it ....... looks like nobody noticed eh?
Phew! %|%
coppinpr

Re: Coventry Auction Sunday 29th November 2015

Post by coppinpr »

I noticed!! if you had got it wrong AS USUAL you would probabaly have given a date I could have attended dirtdog
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

coppinpr wrote:I noticed!! if you had got it wrong AS USUAL you would probabaly have given a date I could have attended dirtdog
Like I said to JC, nobody noticed, I DID get away with it after all!
:lol:
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

**xXx** dirtdog sunday the 30th??/ will that be next year??? big question
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

You can come next year if you want Jimmy, please arrange for Jayne to come this year on 29th though, thanks.
JC

Post by JC »

For the benefit of those who do not subscribe to MMM, we're doing things a little differently this year - mainly because next year there will not be a magazine, or more specifically, a magazine website. So I am in the process of setting up a new auction site:

[url]http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co.uk/[/url]

We shall not be producing a printed catalogue this year - everything will be done on-line. Details of all auction entries will be posted on the new site, with a final catalogue available to download about a week before the event. I have already received three entry forms (with over fifty lots), so details will be posted over the next few days - but please note that as it is school half term this coming week, I shall be in Brighton so progress on the new site might be a bit slow. If you don't have an entry form, you can download one. As always, do please let us have pictures of your entries.

Please sign-up to our mailing list, so that we can keep you informed with occasional updates. If anyone has already requested to be included on the mailing list, and has not received a reply from me, then I probably didn't receive the request (due to a tiny little glitch - my fault).
So please try again.

Here it is again: [url]http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co.uk/[/url]

Jerry
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Auction Update

In case you haven't checked the website for Coventry Auction Sunday 29th November 2015
http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co ... 4590895145
Or just ....
Click Here

Already we're getting the lots in, by the next update we expect to be showing 80 lots which will include an amazing 40 machines. Many of which are new to market and include Bandits, Wall Machines, Various Bryans.
We're also promised our usual favourites of Bits & Bobs, Coins, Collectors' Books and Arcade Paraphanalia.

If you've anything to enter and haven't done so yet, don't delay Click Here for Link

Whether you're Buying, Selling or just interested This is the one to be at!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

IMPORTANT

I've just realised that the updates for the forthcoming Coventry Auction Sunday 29th November may be hiding themselves from your view.
Jerry emailed out to everyone who wanted updates by registering at our website http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co.uk/ the following message
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Page 3 is now added to the list of auction lots received so far. We now
have over 100 lots, so page 4 will hopefully be ready to view shortly.
If you haven't already noticed, 3 of the machines from the fantastic
Bryans collection that were offered in March have been re-entered, so if
you missed them first time round, here's your second chance!
If you have items to enter, please remember the closing date is next
Monday. Entry forms can be downloaded from the site. And don't forget
pictures!

All the best

Jerry

http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co.uk/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I then discovered my copy didn't go to my "inbox" it was diverted by my "Spam Filter" Probably because it was mailed to a lot of people at the same time. So with the fear of being the victim of our own popularity can I suggest if you haven't already seen the above message please check your SPAM and if it's sitting there tick the box that changes your settings and allows our mails through to you.

Clearly although we don't think Bill Gates is personally waging war on us it is defamation of character so we are starting proceedings against the Netweb ..... probably.

If you haven't yet registered for updates please go to the above link and follow the instructions.
We're approaching 4 pages of lots, go and have a gander what's in store. It's all Slotty orientated. !!THUMBSX2!!

BP
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Another Update http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co ... 4590895145

We now have very nearly 200 lots, including over 50 machines! Page 4 is
now ready to view, and you'll see we have a couple of mega star lots on
offer. First is a beautiful Watling Rol-A-Tor (yes, that's Tor with an
R) The Rol-A-Tor was the precursor to the Rol-A-Top and was only
produced in small numbers. For legal reasons, Watling had to change the
name (Tor to Top) - so these machines are considerable rarities.
Second is an equally beautiful Bally Reliance dice machine; a highly
coveted machine that very rarely becomes available. This could be a once
in a lifetime opportunity to acquire such a fantastic slot.
You'll also see we now have a second Bryans Trickler (what were the
chances of that)! Tricklers were made in fairly small numbers, so here
you have two chances to acquire one of Bryans great pre-war games.
Don't forget that the closing date for entries is next Monday, so if you
have items to enter, please do so over the next couple of days.

And finally, an important note: It seems some people are receiving our
emails in their spam folders. This could be due to a number of reasons,
and different email programs will treat multi-copied emails differently,
but to ensure our messages arrive in your inbox, please make sure you
have our email address in your address book - hopefully your email
program should then recognise us as friendly!

All the best

Jerry
JC

Post by JC »

For those of you who haven't yet signed up to our new mailing list, here's the latest update:

Further to my last update, I've now added a fifth page to the list of lots. I hadn't really wanted to do this until I'm able to list everything in catalogue order. However, as I'm still waiting for a few lot details, I shall probably not be able to get the full catalogue up until late on Sunday. There aren't many pictures on the new page, but there are more to come. Looks like we'll have over 220 lots, so this will be another great day that you won't want to miss!

All the best

Jerry

http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co.uk/
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Wow another great auction thank you js... !!CHEERS!! didn't come back with much. I was surprised with the star lot of the day good though. 6.5k and someone at the bar said it owed the vender 8k. The good times are here :tarah:
WP_20151129_018.jpg

pennymad

Post by pennymad »

It was my first time at cov auction and I must say it was a pleasure, well ran and a good day out! A long shot but is the person who put the plenty win allwin on here as I'd love to know any history on it if known please?
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Was that mr.tumble from the tv talking to Steve??
Attachments
FB_20151129_22_30_55_Saved_Picture.jpg
hiflyer

Post by hiflyer »

Yes, going through this week's scripts I think. :lol:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Prices were on the upper side for some items this year, although probably due to slightly less machines being available. Nice to see a dice machine in the flesh, not sure I will ever own one as I don't go for any machine on US coinage, also a lot of money in one item.

Was having a punt at the Windmill, but restrained myself and it just too much looks like a clock although very different from a play and mechanical perspective, with that slow movement of the vanes. Seems the new owner already has one, so maybe with a few more can pay his electricity bills...

Only ended up with the one machine and the forth owner in 4 months, the Erratique, as at least I got a chance to play with it and it worked well, in fact quite addictive. Liked it when I first saw it on ebay, maybe it will stay put for a while rather than travelling the country.

Oddly my day meant I actually ended up driving past the last two owners, as after the auction I had committed to look at a slot machine and jukebox in Whitely Bay above Newcastle....boy with 40mph winds and rain my day did not end until 1.30am when finally returning after a 650 mile marathon... Still ended up with more than one machine which made it worthwhile.

Did not mingle much at the auction as I needed to get away as fast as possible, so waited at the front for a fast exit. Bargain of the day has to be the Clown Catcher, I did not look closely, but seemed really cheap at £450..

Well done all again for organising, hope your arm mends BP, looks like a quiet period on the slot front for at least 4 months, until next year